Are you someone who likes a challenge and is willing to explore an emerging area of Risk Control? Do you like the idea of building innovate tools that impact our global investment strategy? Can you see patterns in data that others can't?
We are looking for an Asset Management Real Estate & Private Markets Risk Specialist like you who can:
• perform investment risk reporting and analysis of real estate and private markets for direct and multi-manager property portfolios as well as infrastructure debt and equity portfolios
• contribute to the definition and extension of our front to back risk framework
• support with the identification & quantification of risks
• automate tools, put together new and innovative risk management ideas and help drive forward proof of concepts and prototypes
• review and respond to requests from internal and external stakeholders, proactively and constructively, while adhering to our core risk principles and standards
• work closely with stakeholders at all levels across our organization Your team
You'll be working in our Asset Management Alternative Risk Control team and be based in London. We are responsible for independent oversight of investment fund portfolios, modelling, analysis and reporting for various Group Risk Control activities within the EMEA region.
You'll play an important role in supporting our real estate and private markets risk frameworks and developing tools/ processes appropriately embedded in UBS. As a member of Group Risk Control, you will act as second line of defense and partner with other functions to manage such risks. Your role will include close interaction with portfolio managers as well as senior risk professionals.
• an undergraduate or Masters degree in economics, financial mathematics/engineering, computer science, statistics, data science or physics
• at least 2 - 5 years of work experience in a Market Risk Control, Asset Management or Investment Banking/Quantitative capacity, ideally with knowledge of the real estate and alternatives markets
• proficiency with Python using virtual environments, creating and releasing python libraries and writing automated tests
• statistical modelling and Machine Learning experience in developing, testing, evaluating and deploying models
(good knowledge of common statistical and machine learning libraries highly preferred)
• co-operative and team-orientated, while being able to motivate and organize yourself
• exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.