The KYC Operations team primary role is to support Business Units in the timely and accurate delivery of the end to end AML / KYC process for onboarding new customers / accounts, completion of periodic reviews and event driven reviews of existing customers / accounts to comply with State Street's AML Policy and Standards.
The team provide Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) services to State Street's Business Units globally.
The KYC Team is tasked with collecting and analysing client data, documents and publicly available information on State Streets' new and existing clients, including the screening of entity names against various sanctions lists and performing the Customer Anti-Money Laundering risk assessment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Anti- Money Laundering Sr Assc you will
Perform Know Your Customer due diligence in line with applicable AML Policies, Standards & Procedures, prior to account openings and on an on-going basis
• Create KYC profiles in the system of record
• Complete the necessary forms required to support CIP / CDD
• Screen client names and other parties in line with State Street Screening Standards
• Source required CDD documentation independently from various internal and external sources (regulatory websites, company websites, Banker's Almanac, Lexis Nexis, World Check etc.)
• Cooperate closely with Front Office employees to request all other required CDD documentation from customers
• Validate CDD documentation provided by customers
• Complete Customer AML risk assessments using corporate compliance tools and methods
• Meet agreed KRI / KPI targets for KYC profile reviews, escalating when required
Ensure all assigned tasks are correctly maintained on designated tracking / reporting tool
• Assist with external regulatory examinations or testing
• Follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches
• Notify local management of operational issues
• Attend and participate in AML awareness training sessions to continue to enhance the quality of deliverables
• Support ad hoc and/ or strategic projects as required
• Complete enhanced due diligence on high risk customers / accounts.
• Knowledge on Middle East KYC/AML procedures and policies
• Perform EDD monitoring and PEP analysis as required
• Assist team members with sourcing relevant information and documentation required for CIP / CDD completion
• Assist in facilitating AML awareness training sessions across the team to continue to enhance the quality of deliverables
• Act as a KYC subject matter expert; providing technical expertise and guidance to all KYC specialists as needed
• Collaborate and lead conversations with key stakeholders with regards to the execution and accurate tracking of key deliverables from the Global AML Center
• Providing support to the KYC Lead if required
• Act as deputy to the KYC Lead in their absence
• Demonstrate commitment to AML risk excellence through the timely and accurate completion of the firm's "know your customer" due diligence requirements, including for periodic / event driven reviews and in respect of expected v actual transaction activity review
• Maintain role-specific knowledge of the current anti-money laundering and financial crime risks and issues through completion of the annual AML Academy, and any other financial crime training deemed applicable to the role
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Intellectual curiosity for continuous learning around AML and KYC
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
• Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• Very good language skills in English
• One or more of the following language skills would be an advantage: French, German, Italian, Dutch, Arabic
Education & Preferred Qualifications
• Advanced knowledge of anti-money laundering / know-your-customer regulations and processes
• KYC process experience for different entity types, such as Trusts, Hedge Funds, regulated entities, SPV etc. would be an advantage (1 year+)
• KYC/AML experience of high risk clients is essential.
• Experience of analysing complex ownership structures to determine risk exposure and applicable AML/KYC requirements, including jurisdictional uplifts is desirable
• Experience with Middle East KYC/AML policies and procedures is desirable.
• Experience with Prime, World Check, Lexis-Nexis and other negative news searches, would be an advantage
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers