Management Trainee / Assistant Manager - Fixed Income
- Mumbai, Konkan (IN)
- Dec 06, 2022
- Jan 05, 2023
- Fixed Income
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The primary objective of the role is to provide dealing support to fixed income team and eventually have a career growth to be Dealer – Fixed Income.
What is the objective of the role?
1. Actively work with Fund Managers to understand fixed income market and relevant factors affecting movement of rates and pricing across tenors and credit profiles.
2. Understand sensitivity of fixed income universe and learn to deal in a variety of fixed income instruments, viz. CPs, CDs, NCDs, GSecs, TBills, SDLs, etc.
3. Maintenance of appropriate dealing records for audit purpose
4. Preparing meaningful MIS regarding daily market movements and share insights with the team on an ongoing basis
5. Coordination with relevant internal teams to ensure smooth functioning of the dealing and cash flow management operations
What skills do you need to possess?
1. Drive to continuously learn
2. Ability to be agile and adapt to the dynamic nature of the fixed income markets and take quick decisions in an environment of uncertainty and ambiguity
3. Able to take on responsibility and full ownership of dealing in the market with minimal intervention from Fund Managers
4. Communicate fluently, honestly, crisply and to the point, befitting the dynamic nature of the markets
5. Enthusiasm to network with brokers, arrangers and other market participants to gain deeper insights.
Technical Skills Required:
1. Thorough knowledge of theoretical aspects of fixed income instruments and familiarity with relevant terms, viz. duration, credit, cash flow discounting, etc.
2. Intermediate level skills in using MS Excel. Scripting knowledge in VBA or Python would be an advantage.
What is the prior experience needed?
Candidate with 1-2 years of experience will be preferred
What qualifications you should have?
Chartered Accountant / Chartered Financial Analyst