Macro Economist Analyst / Economist
One of India's leading Mutual Fund,
(JV between a leading financial services group in Europe & one of the largest banks in India)
Role Offered -Designation - Macro-Economic – Analyst / Economist
Department - Investments
Location - Mumbai
Sub- Department - Fixed Income
Position Reports to - Deputy Head or Head
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The job of a macro analyst (also known macro research analyst) is to source and follow global news stories in real-time, digesting and passing on key information and forecasts to Investment team so they can make the smartest possible moves in the market. Anything that affects trading volatility must be quickly noted, digested, and shared with the team. Their research and insights are used to generate business strategies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Monetary policy Coverage - domestic as well as global central bankers’ views as expressed in their meetings.
- External accounts pertaining to Current account and Balance of payment – analysing the data points regarding Trade deficit (import/ export) as well as capital flows (FDI / FPI)
- FX outlook - View on the domestic currency as well as monitoring data / news impacting other major currencies.
- Global Economic views - analysing data points coming out of G7 countries.
- Tracking India Growth parameters – analysis and forecasting the parameters affecting the economic growth.
- Central and state Govt finances – analysing the finances with an eye towards forecasting the deficit of central and state govts
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Masters in Economics /CA / CFA / MBA – Finance
Technical & Professional Knowledge required (What someone NEEDS TO KNOW)
- Data analytics
- Ability to work with and analyse data sets
- Experience with MF industry data analytics tools and databases
Experience Required (What someone NEEDS TO HAVE DONE)
- 5-6 yrs of relevant experience
- Data crunching
Essential Competencies for the role (Competencies that need to be demonstrated or how they NEED TO BEHAVE)
- Very strong presentation & communication skills – written skills
- Deep interest in macro economics
Personal Attributes required (Personal qualities, motivations, and preferences likely to enhance performance in the role)
- Passionate, critical, analytical
Sales, Compliance, Product & Marketing
As per need