Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity. Role Overview:
The Market Risk Governance & Controls Analyst is an AVP level position responsible for managing the complex and critical unit of Managers Control Assessment (MCA) inventory within Global Market Risk (GMR) , in coordination with Market Risk Managers . The overall objective of this role is to develop and execute a robust MCA inventory, and to enhance the monitoring of the GMR controls, in addition to refining the process by automation, where possible.
The Market Risk Analyst provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility over the GMR MCA, which contains controls on all key Market Risk processes, including but not limited to stress testing practices, limit monitoring, model governance, VaR sign-offs etc. The analyst provides operational/service leadership and direction to the teams involved. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required.
In general, Market Risk pertains to potential loss due to market movements such as changes in interest rates, equity prices, credit spreads and foreign exchange rates. Individuals monitor trading limits and are responsible for approving transactions over certain established limits. Work with traders or trading management and recommend actions to mitigate risk. Responsible for monitoring and analyzing the organization's risk exposure by understanding the risks and rewards of the Citi products. Structures solutions to mitigate risks of those products.. Responsibilities:
- Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness, and delivery of end results of the Managers Control Assessment (MCA) program, as well as the Quarterly and the Annual Risk Assessment processes.
- Has responsibility for monitoring frameworks, defined by the MCA, such as the Global Market Risk Sponsored model governance framework
- Ensures internal reviews and external examinations are well managed with clearly evidenced results.
- Partners with the team on all new or modified processes and policies to review the appropriate governance routines and launch robust controls which can be monitored and reported.
- Proactively identifies emerging risks and collaborates with Market Risk Managers on any deficiencies or control gaps, ensuring appropriate remedial actions are in place.
- Assists the team with resolving control gaps and issues while helping create Corrective Action Plans (CAP), inclusive of root cause identification and resolution.
- Documents, implements, and executes CAPs for management of control issues.
- Documents relevant meeting minutes, maintains inventories of evidence and controls, while performing various ad hoc and audit related requests as needed.
- Work with senior risk managers in market specific compliance programs.
- Participate in the ongoing development, implementation and upgrade of risk systems
- Well defined mid to long term projects in working with senior mentors that require technical skills and strategic planning, enabling development in analytical capacity and critical thinking
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Degree in a quantitative or financial discipline.
- Prior Market Risk, or any other Risk/Compliance/Audit function experience is preferred
- Knowledge of financial instruments and risk metrics • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive • Ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization • Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization • Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time • Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel/VBA, Word, PowerPoint) • Experience in performing data analysis
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our Select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Risk Management ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Market Risk ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting