Description Senior QA Engineer - Integration
CME Group is looking for a highly talented QA Engineer to join the Systems Integration Team in Belfast. The successful candidate will help deliver mission-critical projects on CME's Globex electronic trading platform. The QA Engineer will work with application SMEs, developers, and analysts to understand complex business and technical problems across multiple applications. Key aspects of the role include the design of test strategies, test plans, and test automation together with the support and maintenance of a large and complex test environment both on-prem and in the Cloud.
Our QA Engineers understand the criticality of non-functional requirements and excel in working across dozens of components where considerations of reliability, security and performance are paramount.
We value strong communication and confidence in asking probing questions. We succeed or fail as a team.
There has never been a more exciting time to join us. CME Group have recently entered a long-term strategic partnership with Google Cloud that will transform global derivatives markets by migrating our technology infrastructure to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with the goal of becoming a fully cloud based company. Staff will have opportunity to become GCP certified. Principal Accountabilities
- Analyze and interpret business/stakeholder requirements; translate these requirements into test scenarios.
- Creation of test strategies, planning & execution/implementation of automated test cases.
- Act as an owner for application quality; identify and log defects and verify defect resolution.
- Maintain test framework, test environments and automated test packs.
- Monitor and test connectivity of integrated systems and components.
- Contribute to continuous improvement, improving team processes and methodologies, and following best practices.
- Highly competent working in a Linux command line driven environment.
- Experience of writing and refactoring both manual and automated tests that touch multiple applications, databases, message transports.
- Experience with various messaging services such as Apache Kafka, Tibco FTL, Pub/Sub.
- Oracle experience with a competence using SQL.
- Ability to understand compound business requirements quickly, and to define clear acceptance criteria.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of financial markets, financial messaging protocols, and in particular FIX.
- Working in an Agile environment using Jira, Confluence, Splunk, Jenkins.
- Exposure to Python, Shell Scripting is a bonus.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.