The Credit Initiation Manager is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to assess the ability of individuals, companies and institutions to meet the demands of loans, agreements and extended obligations in coordination with the Operations - Services team.The overall objective of this role is to ensure financial threats to the company are minimized by determining the terms or level of credit that can be granted without undue risk. Responsibilities:
- Manage one Credit Initiation team including various Supervisors, Sr. Supervisors and support staff in various roles
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures to increase the efficiency of credit initiation processes
- Manage projects and ensure team deliverables and back-up Senior Managers and determine and develop new work procedures
- Analyze and resolve problems and troubleshoot discrepancies, and provide evlautive judgement based on information analysis
- Manage staffing requirements to meet operational needs and contribute to budget planning, policy formulation and capacity planning
- Coach and motivate staff, ensure staff development, manage performance, and make recommendations for appropriate personnel actions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of experience in a related role
- Intermediate to senior level experience in a related role with commensurate people management experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues utilizing in-depth disciplinary knowledge of concepts and procedures
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
The successful candidate will take on the role of Credit Initiation Systems & Project Lead,
and drive the system enhancements to support transformation initiatives for unsecured credit initiation. In this capacity, the System & Projects Lead will engage stakeholders from various functions including product & sales, GCT/technology, control functions (AML/CBORC) and risk management. He/she will be actively involved in discussing the design, implementation and testing of system-related to support these initiatives.
The lead will also drive the training and adoption of technology/rule changes amongst member of credit initiation teams both in onshore & offshore locations supporting the Singapore portfolio. The incumbent will also be responsible on the controls over system parameters which span across CI (credit/process parameters), Product (pricing, rewards, block codes, fees, etc) and collections (CACS, TMU). Job Family Group:
Operations - Services Job Family:
Credit Initiation Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting