This position is open to nearly any location where State Street Global Advisors has a presence. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of investments across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
You will be part of a collaborative and award winning marketing team that is driving business results through data driven, creative and high impact marketing campaigns and initiatives.
Reporting to the State Street Global Advisors Chief Marketing Officer, as the Global Head of Institutional Marketing you will be responsible for State Street Global Advisors' institutional and cash marketing activities worldwide. This is a high profile role within the business and requires an experienced individual who is equally adept at strategic planning and execution as well as managing senior stakeholders and working within a truly global team. What you will be responsible for
- Lead a team of approximately 20 channel marketers located in NA, EMEA & APAC who have deep experience and expertise in the institutional investment management marketplace. In parallel you will coordinate the activities of a large number of functional experts across various marketing disciplines (content, digital, design, public relations, etc.)
- Define the institutional marketing strategy aligned to business priorities in close partnership with the Global Institutional Group Head and NA, EMEA & APAC distribution leaders.
What we value
- Work with distribution, investments, product and marketing colleagues to identify opportunities and develop initiatives aligned against revenue goals
- Drive improved client and prospect engagement and outcomes by leveraging in depth understanding of target markets and segmentation of an institutional audience
- Plan, manage and deliver fully integrated campaigns for key themes supporting business revenue growth aspirations
- Establish and execute marketing plans working with functional marketing teams across digital, content, and other promotional channels ensuring appropriate resource allocations and prioritization
- Focus on campaigns and plans that deliver sales intelligence and insights including new leads, retention/cross sell and pipeline nurturing - ensure these are actioned and followed up by business partners
- Maintain and enhance an institutional global digital presence including thought leadership and investment management capabilities in partnership with digital, design and content teams.
- Manage and build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and external agencies on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that all marketing activities comply with the local regulatory requirements
- Plan and administer institutional channel discretionary budget
- Manage all day-to-day channel marketing activities
- Deliver key marketing metrics and ensure activity is measurable against business revenue targets
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 15 or more years of relevant marketing experience: deep expertise with the global institutional channel
- Data driven mindset ranging from understanding and identifying clients and prospects to measuring success of marketing initiatives
- Financial services experience essential - and experience in asset management is highly desired
- Strong track record in talent management including recruiting, retaining and developing a high performing team across multiple geographies and disciplines.
- Strong executive presence and prior experience and success interacting with and influencing executive level / C-Suite leaders
- Demonstrated ability to develop digital-first, omni-channel marketing campaigns, including optimization and measurement
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player with ability to drive initiatives independently
- Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization
- Ability to clearly define and improve client journeys across multiple digital touch points
About State Street Global Advisors
- Bachelor's degree preferably with a major in marketing or communications; master's degree preferred
- Experience working with digital and reporting platforms such as Marketo, Salesforce, Adobe, Tableau and proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.
For four decades, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of index and active strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become the world's fourth-largest asset manager* with US $4.02 trillion under our care. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers