We are currently seeking a senior business analyst with data analysis experience. The role will be on the information technology team partnering with the risk analysts to continue to enhance SSGA's Risk Technology Platform. The individual will write the detailed business and system specifications on enhancements, data loading, and data transformation; conducting data analysis of holdings, fund flow, and market data that drive the risk analytics.
The successful candidate will have strong data analysis skills, can build partnerships, foster close collaboration and work hand in hand with both business and technology teams. The candidate must possess an inherent understanding of technologies, relationships between technology, data, operations, and business areas to accomplish speed to market technology solutions. As the IT Senior Business Analyst for Risk Technology Platform, you will:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to understand and document the investment and liquidity risk methodologies.
- Proficient in SQL to conduct detailed data analysis on Risk Analytics, Holdings, Fund Flows, and Market Data.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to understand the data sources and operational processes, and data dependencies.
- Document and clearly communicate the business and system specifications; review with business stakeholders, and obtain approval for developments.
- Knowledge-share the business specifications with development team; facilitate the technical design; and create the system specifications and agile stories.
- Lead story grooming, provide subsequent clarifications, and approve QA test cases.
- Facilitate project meetings, proactively identify and remove impediments, escalate issues, and regularly report the status to the business group.
- Collaborate with other project managers across the organization to work out deliverables dependencies and timelines as applicable.
- Maintain project artifacts, document lessons learned, and continuously refine and streamline the framework to implement technology solutions.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize and track technology initiatives and corresponding regulatory reporting requirements.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Must be highly proficient in SQL
- Must have solid knowledge of mutual fund holdings, security reference data, market pricing data.
- Working knowledge of risk analytics is preferred
- 5+ years of past experience as a business analyst implementing technology solutions with asset management firm(s).
- Highly organized, and ability to work on multiple related initiatives
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Solid presentation skills
About State Street What we do.
- Qualified degree
- Financial Services background, including investment or asset management
- Information technology expertise
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers