The Role Responsibilities
Candidate is expected to
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Perform day-to-day operations such as processing of Structured Products transactions (mainly FCN / ELN and OTC Derivatives).
- Process all transactions accurately and timely in accordance with bank's operational instructions, procedures, and policies.
- Send settlement instructions, prepare cash funding between bank and custodian timely and correctly.
- Follow up on unmatched/unsettled trades with dealer, broker counterparties.
- Adhere to all required controls and procedures as detailed in DOI.
- Ensure proper and timely escalation to stakeholders, line managers.
- Support any ad-hoc projects, UAT / UVT till successful implementation.
- Provide settlement support on SG Public holiday.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Internal: Client Advisors, Client Service Managers, CMPS(Dealers), Compliance, Credit & Risk team
- External: Brokers, Custodians
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Any Diploma or Graduate Degree from a recognized University in Banking and/ Finance
- Entry Level/ 1+ years of experience in banking and financial services sector
- Positive work attitude and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to positively engage and build rapport with business partners
- Strong drive to deliver
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
About Standard Chartered
- Banking knowledge
- Investment product knowledge (Structure notes, FX Derivatives)
- Microsoft office / PC Skills
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers