As a Barclays Wholesale Credit Risk Portfolio Analyst, you will work with the Head of WCR Credit Portfolio and support the management of credit risk appetite for the Corporate Investment Bank consistent with bank wide Wholesale Credit Risk Appetite on a forward looking basis. This is achieved through the application of Mandate and Scale limits (industry, country, product limits for credit risk) and Target Market Criteria.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Developing tools to build a holistic view of the portfolio and identifying changes in sector credit profiles, and the macro outlook
• Identifying and quantifying the impact of emerging risks with specific reference to the portfolio
• Working with senior management on the development of appropriate sector risk appetite frameworks
• Taking responsibility for production of portfolio reports
• Engaging with stakeholders in Credit Risk
• Producing and coordinating ad-hoc analysis of current issues and risk themes that impact the portfolio
What we're looking for:
• Working experience in Credit Risk and familiarity with the principles of portfolio management
• Good understanding of financial markets and macro-financial linkages
• Effective, clear communication skills, both written and verbal
• Highly analytical mind with solid attention to detail
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Python or SQL
• Experience of working with distributed teams across different regions
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.