Who we are looking for
Overall responsibility for counterparty credit risk management of Alternative Funds and Investment Advisors in the EMEA and APAC across all product types and business units. Actively engage with ERM Credit and Business lines globally. Carry out role of ERM CO3 Approver for assigned portfolios Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Credit Risk Analyst you will
What we value Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Oversee counterparty credit risk management for responsible sectors, in accordance with Credit Risk Guidelines and associated credit policy framework
- Own credit decisions, including exception approvals, within delegated credit authority, and Sector / State Street risk appetite framework
- Identification, remediation and escalation of exceptions to credit policies, sector underwriting guidelines, or material credit risk issues, including recommendations to Senior Management or presentation to Credit Committee / CRPC
- Perform annual and ad hoc renewals of counterparties within portfolio
- Closely monitor portfolio of credit counterparties, ensuring the Bank is protected against credit losses. Escalate key issues as require
- Ensure compliance within the guidelines of the CRG
- Lead due diligence meetings with clients
- Cooperate and collaborate with other risk functions and internal control functions, particularly the ERM teams in Munich and APAC.
- Promote and support a culture of effective challenge.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity and ensure compliance with accepted industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements.
**Experience with hedge funds and private equity funds is key** We offer Core Benefits:
- 5 years credit risk experience
- Broad fund sector knowledge
- Broad knowledge of financial products/transactions and risk mitigation techniques
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Education to degree level preferred.
- Non-contributory pension scheme (we will pay 6% into your pension if you are 30 and 9% if you are 30+. The pension does not require a contribution from you).
- Private Medical Insurance - Single person Private Medical Insurance with AXA paid for by State Street.
- Long Term Disability Cover
- 26 days holidays at Officer level or after 3, 4, 5 years' service increasing a day a year
- One additional day in lieu for birthdays
- Annual season ticket loan
- Long Term disability and Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Participation in the State Street bonus scheme
About State Street What we do.
- Travel Insurance
- Critical Illness cover
- Dental Insurance
- Personal Accident Cover
- Childcare Vouchers
- Holiday Buy/Sell scheme
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers