PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO Product Strategists are investment professionals that specialize in a strategy area or market sector. They are recognized internally and externally as experts in this area. Strategists at PIMCO lead new business development efforts; focus on long-term strategic positioning, while seeking to capture near-term demand opportunities. Strategists seek to position PIMCO for sustained high growth rates and attractive levels of profitability, diversifying PIMCO's business by product, investor type, and region. Strategists use their highly specialized knowledge to lead all strategic aspects of that strategy area, akin to running a focused global business unit within PIMCO.
PIMCO's Credit PSG team covers global and regional credit strategies with diversified exposures, either with a benchmark orientation or a flexible approach. These products help investors to meet varying needs such as preserving capital, generating income and improving overall portfolio diversificatio n.
PIMCO is seeking a Credit Strategist to join its Credit PSG team in London. Strategies covered by this team include investment grade credit, high yield, and multi-sector credit strategies. The individual will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the growth of PIMCO's strategies.
Credit Product Strategist Responsibiliti es:
* Serve as the local expert on PIMCO's credit portfolios internally and externally
* Develop a strong partnership with the portfolio management teams in order to be a credible and highly effective PM substitute, serving as the product expert to relationship managers and marketers
* Represent PIMCO at client meetings, industry conferences and meetings with other market participants in Europe
* Develop marketing, servicing and educational materials, including marketing and servicing presentations, monthly commentaries, quarterly investor reports, white papers, and other materials for publication
* Work with investors and their advisors to identify and assess investment needs and recommend suitable investment strategies and solutions
* Identify demand for new products; develop, position and support those products
* Partner with client-facing PIMCO professionals to service and grow our Credit business globally
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in asset management or sell-side industry
* An MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or an equivalent advanced degree
* Robust understanding of corporate asset classes and fixed income fundamentals
* Aptitude in analyzing and communicating portfolio strategy and risk factors
* Enthusiasm for the financial markets and investment management
* Understanding of the various channels of demand and distribution for fixed income products
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Aptitude for public speaking in both formal and informal settings, in front of a variety of types and sizes of audiences
* Entrepreneuria l drive to build a business coupled with the ability to be a cooperative team player
* High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work according to business needs
* Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and investment approach
* CFA desired
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.