At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for and to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G plc's operational risk.
• Submit transaction reports to regulators in a timely manner
• Investigate and assist with daily transaction exceptions or regulatory rejections including raising change requests for systems
• Manage reconciliation process between source system and ARM / NCA, including investigation and resolution of reconciliation breaks
• Responsible for escalation of risks and issues to the Trade Support & Settlements Manager
• Attend and provide monthly MI to the Best Execution Committee
• Submit and Errors and Omissions to the regulator. Tracking all errors and omission through to completion.
• Carry out dip tests and thematic deep-dives for quality assurance purposes
• Perform daily checks to rectify known defects and amend daily reports
• Provide SME lead support into project activity as required ensuring that back office business requirements are met by future developments.
• Initiate and implement identified improvements to transaction reporting processes.
Key, Knowledge and Skills:
• Very good understanding of the Wrap platform market
• General market knowledge and understanding of how trades are booked and processed
• Some transaction reporting experience of M iFID2
• Experience of analysing and submitting MIFID2 transaction reports.
• Knowledge of Errors and Omissions forms
• Good understanding of the regulatory environment the investment management business operates within
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
• Reconciliations experience, specifically with large data sets
• Ability to clearly articulate issues, with supporting analysis and documentation
• Proactive attitude in researching and resolving problems/issues
Investment Operations Certificate Level 3 (desirable)
Closing Date: 16th December 2022
Job Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter: Sarah Mathers
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.