PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Position Description
Based in Newport Beach, California, the Attorney will work in the Legal group and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide transactional support for private fund deal teams, including the corporate, distressed and high-yield credit teams.
- Identify and manage various corporate, legal, and regulatory issues associated with debt and equity transactions, including bankruptcies and restructurings.
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and potential compliance impacts to inform PIMCO's strategy and corporate initiatives, including potential expansions of PIMCO's business model.
- Oversee relationships with outside counsel and legal services in connection with transactions and other relevant matters.
- Work on other legal projects.
Key Relationships include:
- Legal and Compliance Team
- Portfolio Management
- Product Strategy
- Executive Office
- Outside legal counsel
- J.D. And excellent academic credentials from a top tier US law school.
- At least six years at a leading law firm or a combination of law firm and in-house experience at a financial services or private equity firm, focused on corporate transactional matters.
- Significant, substantive experience drafting and negotiating non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, and other deal-related contracts.
- Familiarity with MNPI and conflicts of interest issues faced by investment managers with many public and private funds and accounts and captive broker dealers is a plus.
- U.S. experience necessary, additional experience in non-U.S. transactions is a plus.
- Well organized, high energy level/self-starter, must work well in a team environment and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills to work within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment, with the ability to articulate clear ideas/strategies, both verbally and in writing, internally (including to senior-level officer employees) and externally.
- Solutions-driven individual who enjoys taking on new and challenging assignments and larger projects and who has the ability to drive forward on issues and get things done.
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach.
- Intelligent, bright, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas.
- Outstanding reputation of professional integrity with the ability to be immediately, personally credible within the organization and in the investment and client communities.
- Leadership skills to achieve the best results working with a high caliber group of individuals.
- Consensus builder and team player with the ability to be an exceptional colleague and work well within a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural skills, and sensitivities to work effectively in a global organization.
- Demonstrated legal skills, business acumen, initiative, creativity, learning-oriented mindset, and collaborative style.
- Champions a client-first approach and vision across all business functions, including corporate initiatives, business planning, and strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent priorities and delivering on commitments.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 150,000.00 - $ 225,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.