Any existing relationships with current DFM's and wealth managers would be advantageous as it will create velocity in the time to market. A sound understanding of the FCA regulatory environment and key requirements of regulated businesses, without needing to be a subject matter expert, is also desired.
The focus is new business acquisition, as well as having the ability to discover new opportunities, leads and account manage those relationships.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team in a new and exciting area of business growth, reporting directly to the heads of business unit each of whom has 25 years' experience in their roles. The role will involve continuous on-the-job professional development and would be ideal for candidates with a strong desire to learn and grow their skills and directly participate in bonus related pay for winning new accounts.
The role would suit a sales executive, potentially from a regulatory consulting, audit, or legal services sales background or a commercially minded and personable individual from a compliance and regulatory background, looking to move into a sales focused role. It could also suit someone from a wealth management or asset management sales background with a solid appreciation of FCA regulatory content and a willingness to focus heavily on a regulatory compliance consulting sales role - the team already has strong senior asset management incumbent team members and this role's focus is on complimentary regulatory market coverage not distribution sales. The role will not suit people who do not want to grow or step outside of their comfort zone.
Essential for the role
• Strong work ethic and ability to self-start and identify own opportunities
• Ability to work alone and in support of and with, the wider team
• Excellent organisational skills/diary management/prioritisation skills
• Evidence of analysing wider data inputs including market analysis to produce prioritised prospect lists
• A commitment to continued professional and skills development and desire to take advantage of support for professional training / qualifications
• Desire to develop understanding of a wide range of client needs and become a rounded, holistic adviser
• Professional but approachable demeanor combined with excellent interpersonal skills
• Identify new business and cross selling opportunities
• Working within the small team to pass more complex/enterprise deals to heads of business
• Seek out and engage with the appropriate contacts within an organisation with confidence at all levels including C-suite
• Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
• Identify prospect customer needs through fact finding and understand their needs
• Build longstanding relationships with prospect decision makers
• Deliver against set KPI's aligned to the ambitions of the business as a whole
• Plan and execute sales campaigns
• Create and manage sales pipeline
• Lead generation and management
• CRM management
Experience and qualifications:
• Regulatory consultancy sales; audit sales; legal services sales
• Financial Services
• Discretionary fund management knowledge
• Recurring revenue sales
• Experience within the compliance and regulatory arena