Description About this role
The Global Investment Operations team plays a key role in the continued success of BlackRock including supporting the continued business growth, managing the control environment, reducing risk, increasing efficiencies, and strengthening relationships with our internal and external clients. Key Responsibilities:
- Perform daily reconciliation of interest on cash/security collateral payments against our brokers.
- Confirm, instruct, and provide required follow-up support for settlements on bilateral OTC positions and interest payments.
- Resolve valuation/position differences and escalate internally/externally to resolve margin/interest payments disputes in a timely manner.
- Confirm all margin calls/interest payments with relevant counterparties in timely fashion for the global business.
- Provide timely instruction to third party vendors including custodians and fund administrators.
- Settlement of margin/interest payments through SWIFT/FAX.
- Monitor and facilitate settlement of failing transactions.
- Provide global support for interest settlements and resolve any exception items with multiple groups daily.
- Build strong working relationships with internal partners including Portfolio Management, Risk & Quant Analysis, Prime Brokerage & Finance, Technology, Global Fund Services and Fund Administration, Cash Services, and the Institutional Client Group.
- Participate in working groups and project teams to provide subject matter expertise on function, procedure, and control.
- Escalate all material risk items and service issues to your Team Leader/Manager on a timely basis.
- Contribute to continuously enhance the global operating model increasing efficiency and control within the team and global processing centers.
- Candidates should possess 1-5 years' experience in a Derivative Operations role and have a general understanding of Financial Markets, preferably within the Investment Management or Global Custody environment.
- Understanding of trade life cycle in Derivatives.
- Payment's life cycle, settled through SWIFT.
- Understanding of various SWIFT messages (MT 202/210).
- In addition to a solid background in Derivative Operations, leadership skills or evidence of functional oversight will be an advantage in this role.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate participation in change management through project work or other process efficiencies.
- Experience in Derivative products would be an advantage.
Personal Training and Development:
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to work directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management.
- Focus on continuous improvement and process innovation.
- Database experience (SQL) would be an advantage.
- Acute attention to detail and understanding of downstream processes
- Possess a good understanding of the risks inherent in the corporate actions environment and demonstrate good discipline around control and escalation.
- Candidates should demonstrate appropriate levels of academic achievement or relevant work experience
- Candidates should possess a high level of self- motivation and adaptability.
- Demonstrate an affinity for teamwork and to contribute as a partner within a truly global team.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate constructively at all levels.
- Be highly organized, focused with practiced skills in operating effectively to tight deadlines within a high risk and high-volume environment.
You will ensure that you are fully trained in the functions you are required to perform, identifying for your Team Leader any outstanding training requirements maintaining on an ongoing basis your competence for the responsibilities assigned to you.
- Achieve threshold competence in Derivative Operations core competencies within period agreed with your manager.
- Maintain competence for role through ongoing participation in BlackRock training initiatives.
- Achieve and maintain understanding of all financial instruments in which we work.
- Participate in Blackrock annual review process and draft goals/objectives for your development in conjunction with your Team Leader and Manager.
- Maintain full knowledge of Blackrock corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.