About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to build tailored solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented and dedicated people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We encourage applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
You will be part of Liability Driven Investment which is part of Columbia Threadneedle Investments Global Asset Management's Investment Solutions capability.
We use sophisticated investment strategies to help over 500 pension funds across UK & Europe manage their investment risks in order to achieve their outcome goals for their members.
You will understand the different assets and derivative-based strategies for managing risk from asset and liabilities.
You will help clients to determine the most appropriate means of managing risk based on their circumstances and market opportunities.
You will implement the LDI mandates - managing transitions and flows into funds, risk management against mandate goals and guidelines, implementing portfolio changes and positioning.
You will have a strong risk management focus and the ability to understand complex concepts. Role Responsibilities
- Manage assigned portfolios consistent with the investment process, client objectives and regulatory requirements
- Manage and understand investment risk, in line with client and regulatory requirements and ensure that effective risk management and controls are in place
- Construct and monitor portfolios based upon investment policy and investment process
- Executing OTC derivative transactions with investment banks, trading as applicable in a manner that is in the client's best interest and consistent with 'best execution'
- Achieve target investment performance with risk efficiency
- Understand and monitor performance and risk attribution in relation to the implemented investment policy
- Monitor restrictions and triggers in portfolios
- Risk management of pooled fund and segregated mandates - responsible for relevant daily/weekly/monthly oversight and controls
- Developing and expressing market views, analysing opportunities for clients, selecting trading opportunities for delegated mandates
- Analysis of current products/mandates and development of new products
- Analysing liabilities and determining appropriate hedge instruments
- Checking/preparing written client communication/commentary/reports
- Verbal presentations to clients and consultants
- Review of control processes and implement enhancements
- Maintaining relationships with investment banks' trading desks and other key partners
- Contributing to the development of talent within the PM team and wider business
- Portfolio management experience in Liability Driven Investment or closely related area
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Highly numerate with problem solving skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced world with competing priorities
- Good communicator and team player
- In depth experience in a relevant role such as institutional portfolio management, investment consultancy etc.
- In-depth knowledge of defined benefit pensions schemes strategy and regulation - primarily UK, Netherlands & Germany
- Knowledge of European insurance investments, particularly annuities
- CFA Charterholder
- Coding skills e.g. Python & VBA
- Experience of Aladdin
- A degree in Finance, Maths, Science or Engineering.