Fixed Income Specialist
FIXED INCOME SPECIALIST
Meritage Portfolio Management was founded in 1991 and is an Overland Park/Kansas City metro area based independent Registered Investment Adviser. Meritage is majority owned by members of the Investment Team and manages approximately $1.9 billion in assets for institutions, families and corporations.
Meritage is currently seeking an individual to support our Investment Management Team, specifically assisting members of our fixed income team. This person will play a key role in supporting and executing trades in various taxable and tax-exempt fixed-income instruments while seeking to optimize portfolio returns within our policy, risk and regulatory framework.
- Trade execution support as directed by Fixed Income Team
- Monitor trade settlements after input into trade system and/or trade blotter
- Screen dealer inventories for appropriate investment opportunities
- Manage physical and electronic records of daily trade activity
- Update market levels on internal presentations and trading dashboards
- Support regulatory reporting requirements and audit efforts
- Account by account implementation responsibilities
Experience and Credential Requirements
- CFA, CFP or track to same
- A knowledge of fixed income capital markets
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience in trading, investing, and securities operations
- Proficiency in APX, Moxy, Bloomberg, Excel and other investment software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate trade executions.