Investment Research Analyst
Investment Research Analyst
HBKS Wealth Advisors (HBKS), an independent personal financial planning and wealth management firm with offices in four states, 14 locations, and approximately $6 billion in assets under management. HBKS Wealth Advisors is part of the HBK CPAs and Consultants (HBK) family of companies; HBK is a top 50 accounting and business consulting firm. As an industry leader and innovator, HBKS is investing in resources and technology to ensure long-term growth.
Growth requires talent, so we continue to seek capable, dedicated professionals in all aspects of financial services. Our people choose their own career paths. We want you to excel in your career as part of a dynamic team, and we provide the support and the resources to help you succeed. The breadth and depth of experience we offer you is unique in the marketplace.
We are entrepreneurs working with entrepreneurs, owners working with high-net-worth individuals and those who are owners of small and mid-size businesses, the heartbeat of our country. We are consultants, influencers in our communities as well as our clients and their finances. When we go home at night, we know we’ve made something happen for our clients. If you want a career that is all about helping people, you’re the kind of person we’re looking for. Please read on to discover if you could see yourself joining the HBKS Wealth Advisor Family as our newest Investment Research Analyst.
HBKS is hiring an Investment Research Analyst, who will report to the firm’s Chief Investment Officer and support the firm’s asset management function as a member of the Asset Management Group (AMG). The Investment Research Analyst’s primary role will be to perform the Investment and due diligence on the investments that comprise the firm’s client’s portfolios. The Investment Research Analyst will also work with each HBKS office to assist them in the management of HBKS client households which are invested in the HBKS model strategies to maintain adherence to the appropriate asset allocation. This will include clients’ assets in off platform accounts. This person will also be responsible for assisting in the analysis and recommendation of investment opportunities on behalf of HBKS client portfolios. In this capacity, the Investment Research Analyst will utilize excel spreadsheets and the Tamarac trading and rebalancing software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
- 1+ years of investment research experience
- Progress toward the CFA Designation
- Support the decisions made by the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Principals of the Firm.
- Participate as a nonvoting member of the Firm’s Investment Policy Committee (IPC).
- Take day-to-day direction from the firm’s Chief Investment Officer. Establish and maintain positive relationships with all the Firm’s Advisors and co-workers.
- Assist in generating investment ideas for HBKS households which are invested in the HBKS models.
- Assist in monitoring of model portfolios and investment managers.
- Prepare reports to evaluate investment program performance and attribution relative to appropriate benchmarks and market trends.
- Displays a high degree of technical and professional competence, including being familiar with Tamarac, Excel, Morningstar Direct, and Portfolio Center.
- Serve as a resource on investment trading issues for all Financial Advisors.
- Ability to ensure coverage of other duties of the Asset Management Group.
- Distributes various communication and rebalancing tools to Advisors.
- Serve as back up for portfolio rebalancing function in Tamarac.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all client and firm business. Demonstrates a strong commitment to the firm. Work overtime as needed.
- Follow firm procedures and comply with policies as outlined in the Human Resource Manual.
- Act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect, and in an ethical manner with the public, clients, prospective clients, HBKS and HBKS team members.
- Place the interests of clients above their own personal interests.
- Use reasonable care and exercise independent professional judgement when making recommendations.
- Practice in a professional and ethical manner that will reflect credit on themselves and HBKS.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- Anniversary Bonus
- We provide a flexible work environment to offer work/life balance.
- 401(k) plan with company match and profit sharing Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Affordable Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Affordable Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance
- 10 Paid holidays
- Annual Performance Reviews And Much More…
HBKS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.