Job Title: Product & Sales - Senior Compliance Advisory
Reporting to: Head of Advisory. ComplianceOverall Purpose of Role
The primary focus of the role is to support the Sales and Product teams but the candidate will also be required to have a good understanding of SFDR and work on associated compliance & regulatory matters and develop a suite of responsibilities and relationships as they grow into the role. Principal ResponsibilitiesAdvice/Guidance
- Regulatory requirements for selling Barings' products/services in new and existing jurisdictions (mainly EMEA) in conjunction with the Irish office.
- Product governance framework oversight (product approval, on-going reviews etc.)
- Fund registration, private placement and reverse solicitation considerations
- Fund documentation reviews e.g. prospectus / offering documents
- Reviews of Distribution Agreements
- Assist the Heads of Compliance and Distribution in Ireland with the implementation and oversight of the distribution oversight and compliance Programmes
- Work closely with the Product Management and Client Portfolio Management teams on matters regarding SFDR and its application to Barings' funds
- Work proactively with Sales and Product Teams on the implementation of new regulations helping to identify effective solutions that meet both regulatory expectations and Barings business model.
- Assist the Head of Advisory on maintaining the internal regulatory tracker and completing initial analysis of new regulations that are likely to have a material impact on Barings.
- Maintain relevant documents and reports to support the above activities
- Participate or lead presentations on regulatory changes to business units
- Attend relevant events at law firms / consultants / trade bodies and feed insights / market intelligence back to colleagues.
- Support the Head of Advisory on providing timely advice to Business Units on the following regulatory requirements: AIFMD, UCITS, MiFID II Organisational and Investor Protection, Asset Management Market Study, Cost transparency (e.g. PRIIPS), ESG with focus on SFDR.
Relationships with Third Parties
- Keeping Compliance policies and procedures up to date
- Produce new and/or amended Compliance policies and procedures as a result of regulatory or business change.
- Input into the Compliance plan as required.
- Undertake other Compliance processes as required.
- Marketing sign off's as required. These will be infrequent.
- Assist the Head of Advisory in maintaining Compliance processes e.g. the Conflicts of Interest Register, Client take-on and annual planning.
- Liaise and interact with industry trade bodies (e.g. the IA), consultants and external auditors as required.
- Assist the Head of Compliance in dealing with visits/requests from regulators, including preparation and reporting activities
Experience & Skills
- Provide and/or input into Compliance reports to various boards and committees
- Assist the Heads of Compliance and Distribution in Ireland with required Irish reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Distribution, Marketing and Product related regulations, including:
- Various selling regulations across jurisdictions - licences, fund registration, private placement, reverse solicitation
- Fund regulations across various structures- UK, Ireland, Luxembourg
- FCA/MiFID II requirements re product governance, TCF, distributor oversight, COLL, FUND
- Cost transparency - PRIIPS
- ESG - SFDR and UK SDR
- Good knowledge of Conflicts of Interest, Cost transparency, COBS and Wholesale Conduct