Role Responsibilities Job Summary
This role provides an interesting opportunity to work within SCB's growing and ambitious ESG practice to develop innovative solutions to support growth of our Sustainable Finance business and compliance with emerging ESG regulations concerning the Financial Services Industry.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for owning the roadmap, vision, and development of a digital application to support ESG capabilities within SCB. Strategy
- SCB's vision is to be the world's most sustainable and responsible bank. We're committed to sustainable social and economic development through our business, operations, and communities. This is an opportunity to join a fun, high performing team and influence the Client Coverage strategy for ESG - including new and exciting ESG Risk and Sustainable Finance solutions. Helping create the vision for ESG across Client Coverage, in addition to defining the backlog, prioritising change, refining the requirements and leadership of delivery teams so that collectively we can
- Deliver maximum business benefit
- Ensure all Change Initiatives in the ESG Book of Work are aligned and managed towards the CCIB Coverage Strategy
- Organize demand around Client Journeys, to enhance client experience from end-to-end and achieve exponential outcomes
- Participate in and contribute to high level design of complex and large-scale change initiatives
- Contribute to the Product Ownership Community of Practise
- The successful candidate will work with various stakeholders across the network, to prioritise and implement ideas which build on our 3 sustainability pillars
- Sustainable Finance - Impact Finance, Climate Change, Infra, Commerce
- Responsible Company - People, Conduct, Environment
- Inclusive Communities - Community Engagement
This is an opportunity to play a critical role across the Business (front line), Risk (second line) and Technology and Innovation partners, in leading squad teams through Agile change delivery cycles and delivering value to clients on a 30, 60, 90 day cycle. The successful candidate should
People and Talent
- Work with the Chief Product Owner to clearly define and communicate; project vision, scope, business case and goals to the team and stakeholders.
- Own and manage an ESG feature set and workstream.
- Work with key stakeholders to define, and then maintain the Product Backlog for that workstream.
- Provide product guidance and design expertise to enable delivery of a new Sustainability capabilities.
- Work with vendors to ensure SCB needs are adequately represented such that the vendor product strategy aligns to SCB's medium to long term needs.
- Contribute into the e2e Business architecture by defining the capabilities required at each stage of the client lifecycle.
- Establish strong relationships and communication channels across each of the stakeholder areas.
- Undertake the key agile Product Owner responsibilities, including
- Prioritise and sequence the requirements/ product backlog according to business value
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the Minimal Viable Product (MVP)
- Define Epics and sign off user stories
- Client Coverage COO has recently established a Product Ownership Community of Practise to ensure our Product Owners can share knowledge and experience to continuously improve and support each other. This role will be an active member of this practise and should strive to contribute to its success and growth.
- Work with Product Owners, Feature Owners, Scrum Masters, Strategic Goal Managers to articulate key risks and issues across design and delivery and ensuring mitigation plans are in place.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Champion, and represent Sustainability goals and delivery at various appropriate governance forums.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Client Coverage ESG Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Client Coverage COO Management Team
- Client Coverage Management Team
- CLDM Business Architecture
- Technology and Innovation
- Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM) Team
- Sustainable Finance, Strategic Initiatives
- Reputational and Sustainability Risk Team
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 7+ years of experience in Financial Services
- Relevant Product Owner Certification
- Agile Practitioner
About Standard Chartered
- Agile Development
- Effective Communications
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Digital Transformation
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers