The Global and Integrated Finance Division ('DFIN') department's aim is to add value to the Group and its business lines' development, through our activities of strategic advisory, steering, data production and certification. We are engaged in all dimensions of performance evaluation across the Group and provide a transversal and objective vision to support informed decision-making for the management and development of the Group and its business lines. Description of the Business Line or Department
The Market Performance Analysis ('DFIN/MPA') team enables the business to monitor their performance by providing them reliable financial data through various analysis and reporting, across Market activities, Globally.
Some of the many ways we are providing this are in the following:
- Provide financial reporting to help senior management in monitoring the profitability of their business:
NBI (Revenues), Direct & Allocated Costs, SCR (RWA), Headcounts, RONE, and other profitability ratios and KPIs.
- Build the official budget yearly
- Help Senior management to build forecast and quarterly estimates
- Establish quarterly comments for financial communication
- Follow up staff mapping
- Maintain EQD analytical structure
Act as the relay between DFIN/MPA and EQD business line Summary of the key purposes of the role
MPA EQD (Equities & Derivatives Performance Analysis) is the team in charge of steering the financial performance of EQD.
- It measures, analyses and assesses the profitability of SMEs (= sub-Business Units), by analysing Revenues, Costs, Balance Sheet and Headcounts variances YoY and vs Budget with a root cause approach.
- It ensures the necessary support and the right level of expertise to the business partners, the management of EQD, on a Worldwide scope; taking a cross-regional and cross-desk view of the financial steering processes.
- It collaborates and work closely with:
- MARK/EQD senior Management
- EQD BMOs
- DFIN/MPA regional teams (EQD AMER and EQD APAC) and central teams (MARK and Costs)
- DFIN/PFS local teams (country specific)
- RISQ/MMG (country specific) - Daily P&L production teams
- CPP team - (Client Profitability and Pricing)
In this role, and to start with, the EQD Performance Analyst Trainee is primary responsible for supporting the team in charge of EQD Business Line performance steering, with a focus on Prime Services and the UK perimeter. Summary of responsibilities
- Produce daily NBI reporting for EQD Senior Management (Daily NBI Actuals & Daily NBI Estimates).
- Produce weekly NBI reporting for MARK Senior Management.
- Help automating or innovating financial reports, using various reporting tools (such Excel, VBA, SQL, Power BI, Alteryx...)
- Deliver financial materials for Executive Committee meetings.
- Produce analysis for ad hoc requests and presentations (Business reviews, Internal presentations, regulator requests...).
- Maintain EQD analytical structure; ensure business needs match analytical structure rules.
- Follow up monthly Flash/Stab month-end adjustments.
- Improve or run regional reallocation processes to enable a correct performance analysis.
- Provide forecast to DFIN/MAR/MPA with BL management validation.
- Help the business line building its budget and respect budget process associated deadlines.
- Establish monthly activity comments for financial communication working closely with heads of sub activities.
- Conduct analysis and deliver reporting on costs working closely with both DFIN/MPA costs team and BMOs.
SOFT SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Analytical and logical mindset: Able to break down complex problems into simple manageable units, develops solutions for each unit, and integrates them back into the whole. Can absorb ideas quickly and apply them pragmatically.
- Detail oriented and rigorous: Close attention to details, completing tasks as flawlessly as possible, with little to no errors.
- Result oriented: setting goals and priorities maximising the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results.
- Adaptability & communication skills: Able to tailor communication styles across various stakeholders, up to and including senior management. Good oral and written communication with the ability to give a quick synthetic overview.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, most importantly in Excel
- Knowledge of VBA, SQL programming, Power BI, Tableau or Alteryx is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Market Finance
- Basic knowledge of Financial statements (Income Statement), Accounting norms and standards is a plus (IFRS, local GAAP)
- Internal IT architecture (FO to Accounting) or Financial Systems (General Ledger to internal reports) is a plus.
Previous experience in Financial analysis/reporting/controlling or in Data analysis/manipulation is preferable.
Academic Background: Bsc/Ba, Msc/Ma, MBA, CPA/CA, CFA, FRM.