Chez Société Générale, nous sommes convaincus que vous êtes le moteur du changement et que le monde de demain sera fait de toutes leurs initiatives, des plus petites aux plus ambitieuses.
Aux 4 coins du monde, que vous nous rejoigniez pour quelques mois, quelques années ou toute votre carrière, ensemble nous avons les moyens d'avoir un impact positif sur l'avenir. Créer, oser, innover, entreprendre font partie de notre ADN.
Si vous aussi vous souhaitez être dans l'action, évoluer dans un environnement stimulant et bienveillant, vous sentir utile au quotidien et développer ou renforcer votre expertise, nous sommes faits pour nous rencontrer ! Description of the Business Line or Department
The Compliance and Financial Crime Team (CPLE) is a key 2LOD control function within SG Kleinwort Hambros. CPLE comprises the Regulatory Compliance team, UK Financial Crime team and local offshore Compliance teams in Channel Islands and Gibraltar. These teams support activities across the Group SGKH Businesses, functions, and jurisdictions within the second line of defence to obtain reasonable assurance to ensure that the business is operating in line with relevant laws, regulations, codes and SG and SGKH Group Standards within the Regulatory Compliance space. Summary of the key purposes of the role
- The primary purpose of the Compliance department is to advise on and provide independent assurance that compliance regulatory risks are identified, monitored and managed within Kleinwort Hambros defined risk appetite. KH's senior management is centralised in the UK, and the UK Compliance Advisory team takes the lead in advising senior management on projects and regulatory changes and issues affecting the SGKH Group as a whole, as well as advising on UK specific regulations.
- The Compliance Officer will advise and assist in the management of compliance risk across SGKH's business under the direction of the UK Compliance Business Partner (Head of Advisory). In providing advisory support, the Compliance Officer will liaise with colleagues in the Core team, Financial Crime and overseas offices as appropriate to ensure local regulations and wider department processes are considered.
- The Compliance Officer will be responsible for providing advisory and enabler support and independent challenge to any areas of the KH business or any topics as agreed with management. It may include specific focus on providing regulatory support to the Banking & Credit areas of the business and/or those supervised by the Chief Operation Officer, such as regulatory reporting (e.g. Transaction reporting, EMIR), Client Assets and operational resilience and may also covers areas related to the new Consumer Duty requirements. The Compliance Officer will also support business projects and provide cover for other members of the Advisory team as required (e.g. in relation to investment related services, consumer duty, ESG and any conduct risk issues).
Summary of responsibilities Compliance Management:
- The Compliance Officer will be responsible for advising on the continuing adequacy and adherence of relevant policies and processes in light of UK regulatory requirements and market and business developments, for assisting with the analysis of regulatory issues arising and implementation of relevant projects and regulatory changes.
- The role holder will mitigate compliance and regulatory risk and contribute broadly to the Risk management objectives as part of the second line of defence team. Functional responsibility is to work with and support the KH Compliance Team, to respond to advisory queries, upgrade and implement policies in light of regulatory developments, work with regulators and enforcement agencies and contribute to risk assessments, training and internal governance reporting activity as required.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Business and the Compliance Team
- Assist in monitoring external regulatory and business developments and help develop and implement policies and procedures to reflect new requirements
- Provide senior management and staff with sound and timely advice, guidance and support .
- Help to identify and address regulatory compliance risks.
- Provide advice on policies and regulatory requirements.
- Regularly review Policies and other written guidance.
- Assist in evaluating and progressing proposed new products/ relationships and other business initiatives.
- Assist in analysing and preparing for the impact of upcoming regulatory developments
- Uphold the Kleinwort Hambros values and, by example, support culture of compliance with policies, appropriate risk management and the principle of treating customers fairly.
- Train and act as a source of expert advice, mentor and role model for Compliance Analysts.
- Support management and leadership of the team through participation in regular team and 1-2-1 meetings, robust performance management and development support to contribute to the department operating as a cohesive and motivated team.
- Contribute to and achieve personal and team targets reviewing at regular intervals throughout the year with the line manager
- Strong business partnering approach and communication with the business to ensure all projects are delivered and issues highlighted are resolved
- Collaborate constructively with business management to help achieve its business strategy while preserving the independence of the Compliance function as a second line of defence
- Lead and participate in group projects as appropriate
- Work within a team to help identify areas for improvement and efficiency
- Support CPLEteam and act as back up for other members of Compliance where required.
- Develop and sustain technical knowledge across the products and services of the Bank to ensure business is supported.
- Updated personal knowledge of intermediary/wealth management/private banking market, ensuring that the reputation of Kleinwort Hambros is upheld to the highest level possible in terms of compliance and reputation internally and externally and to give continuous consideration to treating customers fairly.
- Maintain full, accurate files/notes of key meetings and advice using KH core systems to store.
- Work with Internal Audit to ensure all relevant audit actions are followed up and completed
- Contribute to improving the process and procedures to meet consumer duty principles and other conduct requirements within the regulatory framework, Treating Customers Fairly and sound risk management
- Understand, improve and apply internal Risk and Compliance policy, process and procedures
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Good understanding of local compliance provisions
- Significant Financial Services experience
- Can demonstrate significant compliance experience
- Experience of working on Compliance related projects
- Knowledge of private banking local business, products and front office
- Good knowledge and understanding of control and reporting tools
- Ability to assess and analyse technical regulations and information to propose commercial solutions
- Attention to detail and focus
- Good written & constructive communication skills
- Numeracy, drafting and record keeping
- Team Spirit & Collaboration across functions
- Good project / change management skills
- Wealth management/private banking experience is desirable