Venture Capital Associate
Capital Alternatives is an independent advisor overseeing a portfolio of direct venture investments. We assist a select group of professional investors and family offices with their direct venture investing. In addition, we monitor and provide updates on the progress of each of the investments.
The VC associate will work directly with the fund manager to provide support in overseeing the current portfolio of direct private investments. This position is dependent upon strong analytical and quantitative skills. The portfolio is comprised of a diverse group of early stage companies.
The role is part-time with the ebb and flow of work fluctuating with deal activity within the underlying portfolio companies (subsequent rounds, exits, etc.). The work can be done remotely with occasional in-person meetings. Weekly hours range from five to fifteen, with a few busier times of the year. The nature of the work allows for significant flexibility as to when it is done within the day/week.
- Assist fund manager with presentation of information and schedules to LPs on each investment, including an annual update letter
- Calculate investment performance metrics
- Assist on corporate actions (consents, waivers, shareholder approvals)
- Maintain files on portfolio companies (deal-related documentation, investment history schedules
Required Skills and Experience:
- MS Excel (analyze formulas, modeling, create clean PDFs)
- Ability to condense information and ideas into succinct points
- Understanding of financial statements, ability to create and compare
- Excellent presentation skills
- Two years of VC/PE investment experience
- MBA, CFA, analyst program, master’s in finance/economics a plus
- Experience with financial modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Familiarity with venture agreements and terms
Please submit resumes with cover letters to: