As a Barclays Macro Trade Capture Developer you will be developing the in-house FX trade booking and life-cycling system. Supporting the business globally, it has a range of upstream and downstream interfaces giving connectivity to internal and external systems handling (among others); risk, confirmations, settlements and regulatory reporting. You will communicate technical solutions clearly to other developers and technical leads, as well as Project Managers.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• You will work on hands on design, development and testing on the BTS system
• You will be working with develoers, technical leads and Projects Managers globally to quickly and simply explain complex technical issues and designs.
• Delivering a range of projects as prioritised in the TPE book of work.
• Partaking in constructive code reviews as and when required
• Escalating contact for L3 support during London hours
• Taking a set of requirements, analyze them, and provide useful feedback
What we're looking for:
• C++: Must have experience of writing multithreaded server applications on Windows and Linux Boost libraries, Unit Testing & Mock Objects, Integration Testing
• Experience of source-code repository systems and multi-branched development and debugging using tools and techniques
• Must have worked on multi-tier service oriented enterprise systems using messaging for inter service communication and request/response/broadcast to the Client Interface.
• Markup Language: XML Document Processing, defining (XSD), transforming (XSLT)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Oracle Database Development: PL/SQL, ability to write stored procedures, triggers, Toad/SQL Developer. Other programming languages (C#, Java, Python)
• Middleware: Experience of using middleware messaging components such as Tibco, Talarian, Solace or MQ.
• Experience with full software development life cycling including, environment management, continuous integration, build agents and/or deployments
• An understanding of Forex(FX) products and trading flows (e.g. clearing, e-trading STP).
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.