As a Barclays Governance Reporting Analyst, you will be supporting and assisting in the running and management of the CSO Management Office by collating, creating and editing documents such as power points, reports and board papers, minute taking, researching and an involvement in team management meetings. You will also provide the support for project governance and large multi-year portfolio of projects.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the CSO Management Lead in execution of tasks across the project team and CSO office
• Assisting in the successful governance and support of the CSO & agreed information across the security portfolio of projects and initiatives to plan and agreed quality
• Providing support in the creation of papers, forward panning of agenda and tracking and driving actions across the services Forward planning agenda/ collation of deck
• Supporting and ensuring that the projects and initiatives meet the agreed delivery requirements and that acceptance are managed against agreed acceptance criteria
• Ensuring that all status reporting is accurate, informative and timely, and directly provides progress reports to the relevant stakeholders at agreed intervals
• Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the portfolio are identified or issues arise
• Retaining oversight of projects leaving the transition phase into operations to ensure effective delivery against business and strategic benefits
• Taking ownership for stakeholder management of multiple senior managers in and beyond the CSO, ensuring business challenges are managed and communicated clearly
What we're looking for:
• Superior time management and organizational skills
• Excellent written communication style
• Ability to articulate technical concepts and security risk to non-technical business owners and management
• Ability to take a detailed approach to demonstrating that effective control structures are or are not in place
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proven track record of working in the Financial Services Industry
• Demonstrable security awareness, and understanding of security in the broad business context
• Experience of working on Information Security projects
• Working knowledge of Barclays - goals, financials, staff numbers and structure
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.