I am currently working with a client who are one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses.
They offer potential employees opportunities to be part of a very fast moving company, with an innovative entrepreneurial mind set, and great growth trajectory. Advance your career at a company that is ranked #87 on Forbes Top 100 Digital Companies worldwide and acclaimed for being one of Forbes Best Employers for Diversity.
With a record company profit of over $2 Billion (USD) last year, offices in over 50 countries worldwide and sustained growth to over 250,000 employees globally it's an exciting time to join Cognizant as we help clients transform their businesses to thrive in the ever-changing digital marketplace of today and the future.
All about the user
Rule one for us is: "always start with user needs". We're aiming to create digital services that people prefer to use over their old-fashioned paper counterparts, and understanding the people that use government services plays a big part in that. You'll be an advocate for the end user, gathering and interpreting human insights that help shape and inform policy, proposition, service, content and interaction design so that services work well for, and delight users.
Main duties of the post
User researchers plan, design and carry out research activities with users that help teams get a deep understanding of the people that use government services. This research informs policy, proposition, service, content and interaction design so that services work well for users and achieves policy intent.
You may be asked to do a number of different things on a number of projects; this could include any or all of these things:
● Plan and execute a range of qualitative and quantitative research - you must be an expert in quantitative data analysis and ideally have some experience of qualitative text analytics
● Capture, understand and manage user needs and insights gathered from research
● Own the end-to-end research process, including planning, implementation and reporting of results as well as communication and ownership of research findings
● Moderate face-to-face user testing sessions, conducting the analysis and deliver the results
● Collate and synthesis data and turn it into insight - and recommendations for action
● Design studies and develop hypotheses examining users' behaviours, needs and attitudes
● Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure an understanding of complex features and business requirements
● Produce documentation and materials required for research activities: discussion guides, schedules, consent forms, slide decks for workshops, activity sheets
● Steer and support recruitment, producing clear recruitment briefs, screeners and schedules
● Conduct research activities using a range of methods (including remote and face-to-face interviewing, usability testing, surveys and observations), adhering to GDPR and MRS guidelines
● Conduct research and analysis in a rigorous and unbiased manner, drawing clear distinctions between what we know, what we don't know and assumptions
● Be able to identify limitations to the research and recommend ways to amend these and address any further questions/knowledge gaps
● With the support of peer review and team members, produce well-written and structured client-facing reports that accurately summarise key findings and the relative importance of each finding
● Design research approaches, selecting methods that suit the scope and focus of the project, within budget
● Have a strong awareness of accessibility and the importance to address this in research
● Provide proactive, creative ideas for product features
● Work with UX designers on prototypes used in testing
● Planning and preparing for assessments (GDS).
Skills and experience
● Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
● Ability to work with low supervision - a true Subject Matter Expert
● Good communication skills, including the ability to translate technical and/or methodological issues into plain terms and commercial opportunities or risks
● Relationship-building skills - and ability to gain influence with key stakeholders in order to drive data-driven decisions
● Experience in working with Designers, Engineers, Product Managers and UX/UI
● Pro-active in suggesting new ideas to further improve insight generated
● Curiosity about consumers - and what makes people behave the way they do
● Ability to communicate persuasively and influence senior stakeholders effectively
● Strong attention to detail in a high pressure, and regulated environment
● Ability to manage situations of complexity / conflict / paradox with positive outcomes
● A team player - work well with colleagues, contributing to overall aims of Digital Insight
● An innovative thinker - ability to think around an issue and solve problems
● Comfortable challenging the status quo, operating in an iterative/agile environment, and willing to fail fast and learn quickly
● Excellent report writing skills - translating insight into an easy
Please apply bellow.