The aim of our Service Unit (GBSU) is to deliver day-to-day services to GBIS Business Units and their clients to accelerate the transformation. GBSU is organised under the following structure:
Description of the Business Line or Department
- A transversal client group
- Eight service and product orientated entities
- A transversal data entity
- Seven centres of expertise
Within each of these groups are dedicated Information Technology (IT) & OPER (Operations) teams who are aligned with the mandate of the Support Unit groups.
The aim of the IT teams of GBIS is to translate ideas into action by combining the strength of expertise in IT with a deep understanding of investment banking. While the OPER teams are in charge of processing and controlling transactions initiated by the GBIS business lines.
The role will be primarily supporting the business in their day-to-day use of our solutions and additionally improving our systems along 2 axes: pricing improvements and industrialization.
The Fixed Income business line gives access to a large scope of exposure and opportunities across Interest Rate, Foreign Exchange, Inflation and Multi-asset universes. Supported by extensive research, engineering, trading, and e-commerce capabilities, we offer strategic insights strategy, flow information, competitive pricing, and seamless execution to our clients across rates, credit, money market and FX on G10 and emerging markets. Summary of the key purposes of the role
As a support analyst in a very rich, dynamic and demanding front office environment, you will primarily support the Fixed Income business for their P&L and risk tools. Your user base is mainly in London and consists of Front Office trading staff.
- Main responsibility will be to provide day-to-day support on our P&L and risk tools for the fixed income business. Users will generally be traders who are dealing on European, Middle East and African (EMEA) markets.
- Communicate with users and provide regular updates on the status and actions taken.
- Collaborate within your team and contribute when applicable on skill sets outside of application support role: business analysis, testing, communication with stakeholders and capacity to execute genuine Front Office tactical development (such as configuration, industrialisation of recurrent actions, deployment)
- Ensure the continuity of the business by a strong relationship with the local helpdesk-support team, IT development team, the infrastructure teams and the IT Project and product managers in EMEA.
- Guarantee a high level of service & quality by industrialising the different processes and participating to the local and global projects and by communicating about it.
Outside of the core support functions, you may be involved in business requirement analysis for the P&L and risk tools. This would involve working with the front office to analyze, challenge & document new requirements or changes to existing functionality.
This role suits a well-rounded individual who thrives on ongoing challenges working in a front office environment. Your client-driven approach and service-oriented mindset, your good analytical skills, your ability to summarize and feedback key messages, your effective communication skills, your adaptability, as well as your ability to assist traders and software developers, will enable you to succeed. Summary of responsibilities
- Provide thorough and clear analyses to unblock, assist and accompany the business on functional IT topics and issues.
- Escalate incidents to appropriate development teams when required. Liaise with relevant IT teams regarding new functional and technical enhancements.
- Participate in Agile sprints in any capacity that can contribute outside of user support: business analysis, testing, etc
- Make available the knowledge of the local activity by promoting and updating documentation of procedures and processes used
- Train new users within EMEA and accompany the business on major changes impacting their tools.
- Identify improvement axis and lead/propose transformation of existing processes both for the business or our production services activities.
- Cater for the needs of the business by providing specifications of changes needed on risk engine and different risk UIs used by the business
- Participate to the release management cycle for all tools, i.e. tests of new features, non-regression tests + figures non regression tests
Technical skills (prior knowledge preferred but training will be given)
- Windows servers (basic commands)
- Unix servers (basic commands)
- Operating Systems - Windows/Linux skills
- SQL Oracle
- Microsoft Office, in particular Excel - notions of VBA is recommended
- Oriented-objects coding notions is a plus
- English: fluent.
- French is a plus
University graduate level, ideally with a degree in Computer Science / Information Technology.