Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What We're Building
We now need a Junior Credit Analyst to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Asset Management function, so it can support Canada Life's Individual and Wealth businesses as well as other Great West group companies through the management of their general account portfolios, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers in both Europe and North America.
Our Investments division, based in the heart of London, comprises a team of highly qualified specialists with approximately £36 billion of assets under management.
You will be responsible for conducting research into possible bond investments as well as monitoring existing holdings. The provision of high quality research is vital in ensuring the business invests its assets appropriately
What You'll Do
• Evaluate credit investments to determine suitability of investment, propose internal credit rating, provide an outlook and present a basic assessment both verbally and written.
• Regularly and actively monitor, review and update analysis on credit risk for all holdings within assigned area of responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Provides basic evaluation and monitoring, including forming views on industry dynamics and trends and relating back to credit risk of existing and potential investments.
• Responds to credit related questions in a timely manager
• Communicate to appropriate stakeholders current credit reviews, opinions, proposals and outlooks in both written form and verbally.
• Pro-actively contribute in a collaborative and constructive manner to team and departmental discussions on credit positions and strategy.
• Complete other required tasks in a timely manner and to a high level of accuracy.
Who You Are
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated interests in the investment industry.
• Excellent time management skills and flexibility to change priorities to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills together with the ability to gather information and use it to draw sound conclusions and present strong arguments.
• Continually develop knowledge and skills required for credit and fixed income research.
• Responds well to coaching, mentoring, feedback and oversight
• Minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent) from a credible university, preferably in a numerate subject, demonstrating an ability to think quantitatively.
• Studying for the CFA or equivalent (e.g. a Chartered Accountant) - Desirable but not mandatory
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences