The Information Services Group (ISG) is responsible for providing innovative technology solutions to our clients across the Institutional Client Services (ICG) organization, through:
- implementing state of the art technologies which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of trades;
- providing authoritative sources for reference data across product, pricing, accounts, and corporate actions;
- delivering innovative technology solutions for bankers;
- researching and developing state-of-the-art solutions through our Innovation Labs, incorporating natural language processing (NLP) and Behavioral Analytics.
The ISG organization works in partnership with clients across all ICG business lines, deploying solutions to increase their competitiveness through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data.
The Business Risk Exec Group Mgr manages multiple teams of senior professionals through other senior managers. The job requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a large/complex country, cluster of countries, or business requiring coordination and integration across units. Provides input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a region or business. Full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital or business operations. Typically, a direct report to an EB role and sits on the highest functional leadership team within a region, or global business. Responsibilities:
- The position leads the execution of the operational risk management policy for these businesses including the Manager Control Assessment (MCA), Annual Risk Assessments, establishing controls, coordination with utility functions to deliver issue management, quality control monitoring and 3rd party risk management activities for the businesses.
- Work closely with Business Leaders in the businesses as a member of their extended leadership team, as well as Independent Operational Risk Management (ORM), Corporate and Sector Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Operations and other cross functional partners to assess and strengthen the control environment.
- Work across all business functions to define the key control monitoring metrics, assess controls, conduct disciplined review of all key processes
- Collaborate with the wider organization - different sectors, global functions, first, second and third line of defense to identify and mitigate cross business risks
- Understand how technology and engineering disciplines and the evolution of risk and control go hand in hand, identifying and driving strategic engineering responses to how functions adhere to policy and process
- As a member of the business management team, conduct and deliver operational risk assessment results and status; provide vision and leadership for strengthening the control environment
- Develop vision and strategy for operational risk reporting for all business functions.
- Interpret and implement Operational Risk Management policy. Work with business process owners to ensure consistent implementation within functions.
- Lead issue mitigation for significant operational breaks, identification of root cause, make recommendations for future prevention; provide governance to ensure remediation and improvements
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years experience in Financial Services.
- Specific Risk experience Experienced in Operational Risk. Knowledge of other risk disciplines (market risk, credit risk) a plus.
- Advanced analytical ability; asks insightful questions, break analytical challenges into workable components and draws meaningful conclusions. Well versed in breaking down complex matters into core issues and root causes that can be more readily addressed.
- Proficient in developing new ideas to mitigate risk and improve current processes.
- Prioritizes high impact potential problems effectively.
- Consistently reads different situations accurately and takes appropriate action to gain senior colleague/ client commitment.
- Articulates clearly how risk technology supports unit's business, as well as the issues due to gaps between the current technology and known business requirements. Ability to measure and assess the impact of stress shocks including fat-tailed risks.
- Well-versed in reviewing the dimensions of franchise risk.
- The role requires strategic thought leadership in driving efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment; ensuring effective Manager's Control Assessment programs, and accurate reporting and escalation to the business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree; managerial experience
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Risk Management ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.