Agile Delivery Lead - London (hybrid working model) - Perm - up to £120k base + great bonus opp. & generous bens
Well established and leading global investment manager is looking for an Agile Delivery Lead with financial markets
experience ideally to include some exposure to the front office or buy-side (investment /asset management)
About the role
- Build and maintain motivated teams with your product and engineering peers, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards the regular delivery of value that's balanced between technical improvement and product change.
- Coach those with influence upon the team, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for the environment.
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles, and get the best value against constraints.
- Protect the team and make sure they collaborate, communicate, and focus on what is most important.
- Facilitate the capture and analysis of metrics to provide appropriate insights to stakeholders and the team, storytelling with data and context.
- Be able to take the team on a journey of getting closer to user needs, working with your Product Lead bridging any gaps identified between the teams and the stakeholders understanding of the problem space.
- Shared responsibility for managing people in your teams, their in-role development, and supporting career progression in collaboration with your engineering and product counterparts as appropriate.
- Collaborate and contribute within the delivery community to define best practices taking initiative to work on your circle of influence to contribute to wider change.
- Providing support for your fair share of the administrative elements of a smooth running team such as budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrable experience of helping teams set and meet objectives and tracking their progress towards these.
- Experience in influencing developers, QA, BA, and Product Leads in agile approaches
- Experience managing multiple initiatives through a team helping create transparency of work in progress and team capacity/bottlenecks and collaborating effectively with other teams working on the shared initiatives.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams through an agile journey, having experienced different challenges and arrived at different solutions for differing contexts.
- Ideally you will have coached teams during a period of agile transformation.
- Have experience of creating agile metrics and reporting, understanding the difference in use of both leading and lagging indicators.
- Solid understanding of agile and lean approaches and knowledge of organisational psychology, team motivation, and core coaching techniques.
- Whilst not a pre-requisite, some exposure to asset management, investment management, wealth management or private banking would be highly beneficial. That said, front office investment banking IT could be equally relevant