About the Position
We are looking for a Cost Management and Estimating Specialist to develop estimates and review and track costs related to all phases of our interior construction projects. To do this right, you will need to collaborate closely with our in-house Cost, Engineering, Procurement, and Design teams, along with our external construction management firms and consultants.
This role is based in London but your work will support interior fit-out construction projects in our offices worldwide. The right person will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where changes frequently occur.
Additional responsibilities of this role will include:
- Supporting the development of construction budgets, incorporating hard and soft costs, FF&E, permitting costs, etc.
- Reviewing cost consultant and construction manager budgets for scope accuracy, making sure that leveling has been completed, and tracking scope and cost revisions from schematic design through construction document issuance
- Managing recurring reporting that summarises the financial picture of our projects, breaking out costs by project, commitments vs. forecast, change orders, and cash flow
- Developing estimates for various interior projects, leveraging cost data and take-off measurements, and iterating as needed throughout the design process
- Reviewing change orders alongside our project managers, Engineering team, and external cost consultant; participating and leading negotiations as needed
- Reviewing construction manager bid documents and line-level trade costs throughout the bidding process for cost competitiveness and scope leveling and accuracy; supporting the internal approval process for all trade buyouts
- Preparing and peer-reviewing construction financial reports at project and portfolio levels
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or a related field of study, or in-depth professional experience
- 7+ years of related professional experience
- Can review architectural and mechanical/electrical (MEPs) drawings
- Has experience working with take-off software (i.e., On-Screen, Bluebeam)
- Explains complex technical problems with brevity and accuracy
- Organised and can multitask and handle competing priorities
- Team player who can increase responsibilities over time
- Takes initiative and operates with a sense of urgency
- Strong Excel skills
- Quantity-based surveying experience is highly preferred
- Fluency in English is required