Description About this role HR & Compensation
BlackRock has developed an industry-leading HR organization led by premier HR talent, which recently earned us a spot in Indeed's 50 Top-Rated Workplaces of the Fortune 500. As the lifeblood of BlackRock, we are committed to you, your success, and the other talented people who make BlackRock a great place to work. Developing a strong, diverse workforce for the future is not only an HR-wide but a firm-wide key business priority, as it's critical to our continued success.
The Compensation team is responsible for promoting our Pay for Performance philosophy which directly connects individual, business and company results to employee compensation. As the Head of EMEA Cash Compensation you will have a large and diverse client remit but will also contribute to the global policies and practices across the firm.
As a member of the Global Compensation team at BlackRock, you will work with a team of professionals in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role will support senior executives to deliver effective solutions and advise on all aspects of BlackRock's compensation programs. Key Job Responsibilities
Skills and Requirements
- Become a trusted partner and provide strategic and analytical support for the design and administration of global and regional compensation programs, working with senior leaders, including ExCo and partners across HR.
- Independently navigate through a variety of complex problems by leveraging deep relationships with stakeholders.
- Lead the regional annual planning, preparation, and process of allocating the corporate bonus pool and base salary budget at year-end.
- Build a strong partnership with teams and individuals both inside and outside of HR / Reward, including finance, tax, legal, and others to help synthesize information for senior leaders around forecasting and budgeting.
- Report on compensation trends, outcomes and provide insights through the year end compensation process.
- Additional duties will include driving the development and implementation of other firm-wide and business-specific initiatives.
- This role is a critical role for HR / Reward and will have direct management responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel required - nested "if" statements, formatting, analysing large amounts of data, etc.
- Compensation/Finance experience or related field desired (financial services and/or consulting experience preferred).
- Deferred compensation or retirement plan administration experience preferred
- Familiarity with pay structures in different jurisdictions across the EMEA region, and experience of gender reporting will be beneficial.
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply to various audiences
- Strong project and time management skills, with an emphasis on being organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven
- Demonstrates discretion in handling confidential information and interfacing with senior-level leaders.
- Possesses a self-starter work ethic yet thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and remain flexible and adaptable amidst change.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (e.g., Workday, Oracle, etc.) preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.