Position summary: - Describe below the primary purpose and function of this job in 4-5 sentences:
The Data DevOps Engineer is responsible to maintain data and analytical systems designed and delivered by the IM Data Solutions Team. He/she will work in collaboration with Data Engineers to build systems to gather, move, organize, clean and store data. She/he will work with the Data Scientists to deploy analytical solutions intended to solve defined business use cases. The Data DevOps Engineer is responsible to ensure delivered solutions are designed and built with ease of use and maintenance in mind and are delivered to efficiently support analysis and decision making from the system users.
Essential Functions: - Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Design, build and operate systems and solutions efficiently with an eye to automating and simplifying complex processes. Critical concepts and tools include:
o Familiarity with data quality control tools and processes
o Strong communication skills
o Strong technical skills including Python, SQL Excel, Tableau
o Familiarity with Database architecture
o Keen attention to detail
o Working knowledge of Dataiku will be added advantage,
• Work closely with Data Engineers, Data Scientists and business partners in Pune, London, New York and Boston on the full project lifecycle to build and maintain reports, dashboards and analytical tools that will provide deep insight on business, financial, performance and risk data.
o Gather requirements and analyze solution options
o Develop solutions and define and execute test plans
o Define and implement operational procedures
o Automate the research and review of data quality issues to ensure data accuracy and reliability
• Perform, and automate where possible, data import/export using various performance and risk systems: Eagle PACE, HedgeMark, Factset, Barra One, Style Research, Evestment, Morningstar Direct.
• Coordinate with Operations and Technology teams of data providers - External Data Vendors, BNY Mellon (BNYM) Investment Management Companies, BNYM Distribution teams, and other BNYM business partners - to resolve data integrity and data validation issues.
• Produce ad-hoc queries and reports for non-standard requests from Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Consumers from our business partners.
• Become SMEs on the full suite of solutions delivered by the IM Data Solutions Team with an eye to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns to identify new solution options, define process improvement opportunities and generate value opportunities for our business partners.
Proven working experience as a Technical Data Analyst, Data Engineer or Data DevOps, having domain experience in the financial services industry.
• BA/BS Degree required with a major/minor in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Information Management or Statistics preferred with 6+ years of experience working in Asset Management or related financial services company (brokers or vendors)
• SQL (Oracle and MS SQL Server) Expertise
• Programming/development proficiency (Python/Java/R)
• Microsoft Excel proficiency
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Python competency
• Team lead or manager experience
• Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
Data Management and Quantitative Analysis - IC3 Under moderate guidance, works with internal and external datasets and client reference data and provides analysis in the development statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analyzing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts. Provides analytical support and prepares drafts of standard and ad hoc reports for assigned area. With moderate guidance, supports assigned area with more advanced statistical and quantitative analyses. Serves as resource to less experienced colleagues. Runs models, looks for exceptions, takes corrective action. Uses technology tools to conduct analyses. Applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models. Has a good understanding of the relevant processes and products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation. Interprets findings and prepares initial drafts of standard reports. Prepares ad-hoc reports at the request of managers and/or other leaders. Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences. Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues. No direct reports. Provides guidance to more junior analysts. Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work. Work contributes to the achievement of team goals. Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred. 5-7 years experience preferred. Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.