Are you an experienced Fund Controller looking to advance your career with a high growth private credit manager?
Investigo is currently partnering with an ambitious firm, currently driving their business to $25-$30bn AUM in the next 5 years. With this growth in mind and off the back of a recent promotion, this firm are looking to hire an experienced Fund Controller to help drive performance optimisation while maintaining and enhancing robust controls.
Joining this value-add finance function, the successful candidate can expect to gain ownership over:
- Advising the business on fund related decisions, ensuring regulations and policies are adhered to
- Achieving a comprehensive understanding of the fund partnerships, borrowing terms, FX hedging policies, valuation policies, portfolio investments, investment pipeline and cash management profile
- Understanding of the commercials behind the deals to ensure that fund operations, accounting, structuring and tax fully support the investment returns
- Fund performance metrics and calculation methodologies
- Develop internal profile and act as a respected interface between the Finance Team and the investment, portfolio management, IR, legal, tax and compliance teams
- Be a key senior contact point for service providers (Administrators, Legal Advisors, Auditors, Banks, Tax Advisors)
- Fund cash and Treasury positions, including assisting in developing and monitoring counterparty exposure
- Working closely with the fund accounting team and Fund administrators to ensure that derivative contracts, FX gains/losses and borrowing are correctly reflected in financial statements
- Hedge documentation and effectiveness testing, supporting Group Finance in the correct recording of treasury instruments.
- Use loans as a method of hedging FX through currency matching against assets
- Monitoring of compliance with risk policies, in particular the Liquidity and Funding Risk Policy and the Liquidity Framework
- Delivery of management information including liquidity risk reports, market analyses as well as supporting the preparation of Board and Committee papers.
- Providing insight into Fund performance enhancing workflows around subscription lines and FX assistance and support to Fund accountants, including advising on nature of contracts
- Overseeing Quarterly NAV and Financial Statements production to a high standard
- Overseeing the Quarterly Investor Reporting and annual audit process
- Review and approval of drawdown and distribution calculations, management fee calculations, waterfall/ carry calculations and approval of Fund performance (Gross and Net) and scenario planning
- Responsible for the accurate calculation of valuations by the accounting team on a Fair Value basis and in accordance with IPEV valuation guidelines
- Attendance at the quarterly valuation committee to present portfolio valuation movements and the overall impact on the fund
- ACA / ACCA or CIMA qualified with at least 7 years of post qualified experience - most of which will be from a management firm working with closed ended funds
- Knowledge of liquidity risk, fund structures and funding instruments used across LUX
- Working understanding of debt capital / private equity or credit structures
- Advanced excel skills / modelling skills would be advantageous
- Strong team player with drive for quality outputs
What's on offer:
- Exceptional work/life balance and flexible working arrangements (3 days in the office in London)
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure
- Enhanced pension
- Opportunity to continue to learn and develop, broaden skills and exposure - great working culture with collaborative teams
To find out more, please contact Cheryl Aust at Investigo London