The SEI Wealth Platform (SWP) is an outsourcing solution for wealth managers encompassing wealth processing services and wealth management programs, combined with business process expertise. With the Platform, SEI provides wealth management organisations with the infrastructure, operations, and administrative support necessary to capitalise on their strategic objectives in a constantly shifting market. The SEI Wealth Platform supports trading and transactions on 123 stock exchanges in 43 countries and 43 currencies, through the use of straight-through processing and a single operating infrastructure environment.
We are now looking for an outstanding Sales professional to join us as a Business Development Director. You will be responsible for establishing, building and closing new business sales opportunities generally within the UK market so encompassing various wealth managers such as Private Banks, IFA networks and Private Client Investment Managers. This role is a hybrid role with some time in the office and some time working remotely / from home each week.What you will do:
What we need from you:
- Using your outstanding relationship skills and existing network, you will maximise our current relationships and revel in developing new ones, prospecting target clients, developing relationships, executing a consultative sales process and closing new business
- You will be responsible for continual pro-active lead generation through ongoing research and using your passion for networking identify and engage with prospects and positioning of SWP
- Research and prepare for initial prospect meetings and set the initial strategy for execution in a first meeting setting. You'll progress any further meetings, identifying unique buying needs / requirements and execute the sales strategy through to close of deal with the prospect
- You'll be our 'ear to the ground' attending networking and industry events and will provide insightful market intelligence. You'll keep communication flowing around prospects and progress and will proactively look to develop your already strong knowledge of industry trends, regulatory changes and market forces
- You will liaise with other business units internally (Marketing, Solutions, PMO, legal and Relationship Managers) to ensure client needs are met and to contribute to developing solutions and products that will ensure SEI remain leading edge
- Once you have finalised the contractual relationship, you'll be acutely aware of the need for a smooth transition of the prospect to our relationship and client service teams
- All SEI Limited (SIEL) employees are responsible for the identification, assessment and control of risks and risk events. Employees will maintain a good understanding of applicable policies, procedures, risk appetites and tolerance relevant to their function and or business unit, and are expected to consider current and potential risks when making or informing business decisions. Employees are responsible for the accurate and timely escalation and recording of incidents associated to relevant risks. In addition, employees are responsible for completing all required Risk Management training.
What we would like from you:
- A proven track record in a new Business Development role involving developing and managing executive level relationships within a financial services environment, which could include technical sales, solution development as well as new business development
- An understanding of the UK Wealth Management market, wealth management technology, and the procurement or decision making process within various Wealth Managers. Proven experience of influencing the decision, dealings with senior executives within prospect organisations and ability to maintain high level of activity to meet sales targets.
- Proven success in managing and closing high value outsourcing arrangements
- Experience of cold calling, networking, developing new relationships and various other prospecting techniques within a consultative sales process
SEI's competitive advantage:
- An existing and proven contact list within the market would be a plus
- Excellent problem solving, organisational and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a strong work ethic, focused and committed to success
- Relationship focused - we want our clients to sing our praises and talk about our dedication to them
- Someone who will embody our SEI Values of courage, integrity, collaboration, inclusion, connection and fun. Please see our website for more information. https://www.seic.com/
To help you stay energised, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including comprehensive care for your physical and mental well-being, strong pension plan, tuition reimbursement, hybrid working environment, and a work-life balance that enables you to relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
We are a technology and asset management company delivering on our promise of building brave futures - for our clients, our communities, and ourselves.Come build your brave future at SEI.SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more...
After 50 years, SEI remains a leading global provider of investment management, investment processing and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our UK office is based between the City of London and the growing technology hub of Shoreditch and through its open plan flowing lines and numerous art installations is designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success. We know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued success and we offer our employees amongst other benefits private medical care, access to GPs online for appointments, enhanced family leave, volunteer days, access to thriving employee networks and not forgetting free fruit.
SEI Investments (Europe) Limited ('SIEL') is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 191713).