At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
- Ensure the robustness of the Bank's FCC controls. This includes but is not limited to conducting QA reviews on the adequacy of Source of Wealth corroborated on client relationships, reviewing completed transactions monitoring alerts closures, as well as other KYC/CDD reviews to ensure that the Bank's controls are implemented in accordance with applicable AML/CFT Policies & Procedures.
- Provide necessary guidance as a QA subject matter expert to staff in first and second lines of defence by identifying material gaps and deficiencies in existing AML/CFT controls; and recommending practical solutions to mitigate ML/TF risk exposures.
- Review QA's procedures periodically to ensure that a risk-adequate and appropriate methodology will be consistently applied towards assessing ML/TL risks unique to the private banking context, while ensuring that the Bank's QA practice remains effective in mitigating high-impact and emerging risks.
- Prepare and submit QA management reports; highlighting metrics, root causes, and proposed recommendations to enhance existing FCC controls.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders across the Bank in the areas of quality assurance, audit, compliance testing and risk calibration.
- Develop and conduct training for Front Office as well as Compliance, as well as share knowledge with team members.
- Assist Head of FCC in conducting AML/CFT-focused reviews or lead ad-hoc projects when required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Work Experience and Technical Skills
- Degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the AML/CFT compliance function of a private bank.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of AML/CFT requirements in Singapore, as well as jurisdictions where the Bank has a presence/office in.
- Deep analytical skills and strong risk acumen to identify material ML/TF gaps and red flags.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, and articulate recommendations that achieves an appropriate balance between ML/TF risk-mitigation and business practicalities.
- Prior experience in Audit, Quality Assurance, Compliance Testing or KYC/CDD functions, preferably with expertise in Source of Wealth and Tax Risk Assessment.
- Passionate and finds purpose in pursuing a career in the field of financial crime compliance.
- Forward-looking and detail oriented.
- Possesses a "can-do" attitude to problem-solve and overcome challenges.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration and interaction with different stakeholders at all levels.
- University degree or higher education in a relevant field.
- Professional certifications such as ACAMS preferred, but not a must.