Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC's worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfils its purpose of connecting HSBC's clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Vice President, ETF and Indexing . Principal Responsibilities
- This role based in Singapore will be responsible for gathering assets in HSBC's ETF range, identifying sales opportunities that address specific needs for our Asian clients and managing execution from identification to point of sale
- Understands completely the interaction of the buy and sell side as it relates to ETFs. Ideally, the successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of processes in the asset management
- Work with the Head of ETF Sales in APAC to develop client strategy.
- Work with the HSBC AMG sales team as well as HSBC Global Relationship Bankers ("GRBs) to manage and cultivate client relationships and identify opportunities
- Proactively participates in the marketing of the ETF range by working with client proposition team and product strategists for the creation of high quality of sales materials
Customers / Stakeholders
- The role holder will be expected to have extensive interaction with pension, family office, asset management, private banks and/or wealth management clients in Singapore and with South East Asia. In addition, the role holder will be expected to identify which areas of the client business to engage to generate key opportunities
- AMG functions of product, investments, client strategy
- Internal GRBs in Global Banking and Markets
- Asian Sales team across all segments
Leadership & Teamwork
- The role holder must be an effective team player within the Asia AMG
- The role holder must cooperate, and engage constructively with both internal counterparts and external clients
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Pro-active with clients and prospects, maintaining a high level of daily client activities. Creation and timely execution of pipeline
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalised contracts, etc.
- Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
- The job holder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes / procedures as communicated
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators
- The job holder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the 'Three Lines of Defence'. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion
- The role holder will be expected to help drive the adoption and penetration of HSBC ETFs in Singapore and SEA across all segments
- Achieve targeted revenue goals in a high pressure sales environment
- Strong communication is an important skill - as the role holder should be able to make presentations both in writing and in spoken presentations to articulate his / her views effectively to clients
- Build and maintain a high quality of analysis and advice on ETFs
- Act as Singapore AMG ETF specialist on client needs and the industry trends, helping produce selected client lists, solutions in model portfolios by investment themes
- Engage the clients by participating in their Fund Selection Committee and Fund Selection Process, as well as represent business internally on ETFs
- A self starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a global team
- Prior proven experience in the Asset Management industry with specialist exposure ETFs, passive or index related products of at least 7 years
- Deep established institutional client relationships and/or private banks in Singapore and South East Asia
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Sales and result oriented
- Language : Good command of both written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Professional qualifications / certifications like a CFA a plus but not a pre-requisite
- The role will also involve client interaction and the job holder may need to obtain adequate regulatory certifications
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regards to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.