Who we're looking for
As Schroders' Internal Audit function has a global remit, the team has responsibility for the execution of audits in the UK and also other locations where needed. The team has a high profile, and the work undertaken is complex and often time pressured, and will, in many cases, have significant impact upon ongoing activities within the Group.
As a member of the Group Internal Audit team you will work with relevant team members to support all aspects of audit assignments including planning, fieldwork, reporting and issue tracking. You will define and develop data analytics best suited to meet the audit objectives. You must be able to present and provide appropriate interpretation and clarification of analytics results to team members as well as the businesses across Schroders. Strong knowledge data analytics in the context of control environment is essential as well as the ability to work effectively within teams and maintain relationships with stakeholders in the wider Schroder Group. You will be required to work both in the UK and overseas.
You will also be supported by a strong, friendly, dynamic and exciting team of data scientists and data professionals community within Schroders, and we welcome applications from a diverse range of individuals. With our Data Insights function, Schroders has been at the forefront of the industry in helping our investors and the broader business interpret and utilise data. You'll be part of a network of Insight and Data Science teams, which also include ~20 data professionals in our Investment Insights Unit and ~20 data professionals in our Client Insights Unit.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The role of Group Internal Audit is to provide independent and objective challenge to, and assurance over, the Schroders Group's control environment through effective evaluation of risk management, control and governance arrangements implemented by management.
The department has around 20 members of staff and is led by the Head of Group Internal Audit who has a primary reporting line to the Chairman of the Board Audit and Risk Committee, with a secondary line to the Group Chief Executive.
What you'll do
• Demonstrate knowledge of the data analytics process and experience with the application of data analytics in the assessment of business processes.
• Work with Internal Audit team members, IT, and the Business to outline data requirements, and obtain the necessary access to acquire data
• Identify and acquire the necessary data from relevant source systems to develop data analytics needed to support the audit review
• Develop and deliver analysis and data analytics tools and dashboards for Internal Audit function using tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx, R or Python
• Share analytics results with the teams, and provide support / training as necessary to interpret and refine the results as needed
• Train and upskill colleagues to elevate the standards of data analytics adoption across Group Internal Audit
• Support the delivery of all aspects of audit assignments, including planning, fieldwork, reporting and issue tracking, as allocated by the team, ensuring that work completed and outputs produced adhere to relevant professional standards and to the Internal Audit manual
• Involvement in special projects and investigations as required and perform ad-hoc analytics requests
• Attending closing meetings, where required
• Writing reports, issues and actions to a high standard
• Ongoing liaison with relevant management across Schroders to maintain awareness of key developments
• Contribute as part of the Schroders-wide Data Insights community, including opportunities to join meetups, share knowledge and experience, and give and receive advice on use of shared enablers such as analytics tools (Tableau/PowerBI, R/Python, etc) and Schroders' Data Science Platform.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Demonstrated experience delivering insight, solutions and recommendations using data analytics/modelling in a business environment.
• Programming/automation experience in one or more of R, Python, SQL, Alteryx.
• Effective communication of results, including information visualisation principles and presentation skills. Ability to compose dashboards, reports and presentations in one or more of Tableau, PowerBI, D3.js, R.Shiny, Jupyter
• Strong knowledge of internal control environment
• Excellent communication and report writing skills
• The ability to work effectively with business staff and management
• Ability to travel in the UK and overseas for up to 15% of your time
• English is essential as language. The knowledge of other languages used within Schroders group will be considered to be an advantage.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Relevant degree subject (e.g. Statistics, OR, Data Science, any Science, Maths)
• Modelling/Statistical analysis experience - Regression, Classification, Frequentist or Bayesian methods, etc.
• Previous experience of audit, preferably in an internal audit function
• Experience specifically within the asset management, wealth management or private banking industries
• An audit or accountancy related qualification (ACA, ACCA).
What you'll be like
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic; with the ability to own and deliver assignments timely
• Able to think critically and apply judgement within assigned tasks
• Willingness to self improve, seek feedback and constantly striving for the highest quality insights and conclusions
• Performs to the highest levels of integrity, quality and transparency and in a manner most likely to promote the success of the Schroders Group.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.