The head of ESG is responsible for the co-ordination of all activities across the business to deliver this strategy.
The business are also committed to measure and report on an annual KPI based on a social cost benefit, measured through social value bank. The Head of ESG will be responsible for establishing this KPI and managing the annual performance against the target set.
The ESG Advisory Group and be responsible for establishing the ESG vision, strategy and policy which is founded on the SDS but also reviews and challenges our other business operations and activities.
The central team and reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Social Value and Sustainability will work closely with the leadership management team, Regional Managing Directors, Directors of Project Management, project development teams and office management teams.
• Manage the implementation of the ESG.
• Leading change and managing the adoption of the ESG.
• Monitor, record, report and challenge performance from regional projects against the targets set in the ESG.
• Manage project teams to ensure a Sustainable Development Framework (SDF) is in place for every development. Collate regular updates on Project Sustainability Scorecards and report performance.
• Reviewing and updating the targets set in the ESG on a regular basis.
• Oversight of governance of the ESG.
• Establish the basis of the social value KPI and manage the implementation across the business.
• Manage the development of social value strategy, liaising with the connectives and project teams to ensure projects comply with the requirements set out in the ESG.
• Developing our panel and network of sustainability consultants and oversee the performance of these consultants.
• Undertake sustainability maturity assessments and identify areas for business improvement.
• Attend group carbon action and social value meetings.
• Working closely with Marcomms to maximise the PR opportunities afforded from our sustainable development activity.
• Representing the business on various panels and external sector facing events.
• Fostering a productive working environment and culture, in which Muse colleagues clearly understand their respective roles and objectives so that sustainability is embedded.
• Identify and manage research and development into new methods, technologies, funding opportunities and the like to ensure our performance continues to improve.
• Manage a training and development programme for our internal teams to develop technical skills, knowledge and passion around ESG.
• Influence senior internal and external stakeholders and inspire positive action.
• Working with our consultant teams to develop their understanding, skills and knowledge.
• Work with head of IT to develop better systems for collating, managing and recording ESG data.
• Assisting project teams in work bidding (ESG related areas).