EM Sovereign Research Analyst
As part of emerging markets research effort, works with portfolio management team in analyzing sovereign credit worthiness, external bond valuations, local currency and bond markets, conducting macroeconomic analysis, and maintaining and developing valuation and economic models and reports. Also helps maintain and enhances exposure and risk reports.
- Monitor and analyze factors affecting external sovereign bond movements, including economic, financial, political and technical developments as well as factors affecting local markets.
- Maintain and develop analytic models pertaining to creditworthiness and bond valuations and local markets.
- Collect data and information for use in presentations, models, and analysis.
- Assume additional projects and responsibilities as required.
- Masters or Ph.D., preferably in economics, with at least 5 to 10 years of related work experience in sovereign analysis.
- Must have strong skills and experience with macroeconomics and country-level fundamental analysis.
- Solid data analysis skills, including extensive knowledge in Excel, Haver, and Bloomberg. Modeling experience beneficial.
- Experience working in a diverse and collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Foreign language proficiency desirable.