Overview Objectives of this Role
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth
- Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
- Participates in the technical design, development and implementation of application systems.
- S/he designs and codes programs, creates test transactions and writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
- S/he also utilizes standard procedures and techniques to write new programs of moderate complexity (programs involving match/merge processing, utilization of one-dimensional internal program tables).
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code. Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites. Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions. Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain). Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system. Apply security and privacy principles.
- Execute full lifecycle software development. Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures. Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems. Ensure software is updated with latest features. Participate in deployment process following all change controls.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate team work. Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reuse. Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices. Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to. Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions. Utilize local meetups to gain and share knowledge.
- Active learning engagement. Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time. Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB), Web servers (e.g. Tomcat Apache) and UI/UX design
- Good understanding of containerization using docker images.
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Proven analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 2-6 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus; should have thorough knowledge of the software development cycle S/he must also have experience developing Front-End and Back-end. Job holder must be knowledgeable about cross-platform interoperability (multiple platforms i.e. NT, Intranet, etc.) , major tools in a toolkit for a specific platform and features of multiple toolkits. S/he must be experienced at resolving hardware, software, and communications malfunctions and understand the business impact of resolving complications..
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.