Assistant VP/Manager, Risk and Control, Business Risk and Control Mgmt, Grp Wholesale Banking
Posting Date: 21-Nov-2022
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Wholesale Bank
function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients. Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be part of the Group Wholesale Banking ("GWB") Business Risk and Control Management ("BRCM") team and the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide non-AML advisories and assist Business Units in operationalising policies and guidelines , particularly in the areas of fraud.
- Support the Business Units/Support Units in risk identification, escalation and remediation.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Business Units/Support Units controls (e.g. through dashboards, audit reports and Key Risk Control Indicators).
- To identify and work with BU/GWB Data Analytics on risk management initiatives, thereby increasing operational efficiencies and enhancing proactive risk identification.
- Provide governance and oversight on operational risk framework, regulatory compliance, risk culture, conduct and Personal Data protection frameworks.
- Prepare risk management reports.
- Ensure that potential risk issues highlighted by risk functions, such as Group Operational Risk, Group Compliance and Group Audit, are properly communicated within GWB
- Ensure that GWB is kept abreast of the latest developments (including best practices), on both the risk and regulatory front.
- Actively promote and foster a risk and compliance culture across GWB
- Conduct training where necessary
Be a part of UOB Family
- Degree or professional qualification in business or banking/financial services related areas
- Has 5-8 years of relevant work experience preferably in regulatory compliance/Line 1 Risk and Control role, operational risk, relationship manager, audit in a financial institution, preferably in a corporate banking/wholesale banking environment
- Having prior work experience in fraud related matters and/or work in law enforcement agencies is preferred
- Excellent research skill including experience with online research tools and databases
- Good knowledge/understanding of banking and financial services laws & regulations, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products & systems
- Ability to work effectively, under pressure, in a rapid changing environment, as well as autonomously and as an effective member of a dynamic team
- A team player, strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Possesses good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work on multiple assignments and project management skills
- Self-driven, meticulous and able to operate expeditiously
- Knowledge in the application of digitalisation, technologies and data analytics would be a clear advantage.
- Having an accounting, compliance or audit certification is an advantage .
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.