THE TEAM AND YOU
Securities Database, known as SecDB, was developed in 1993 and quickly became the backbone of Goldman Sachs' risk analytics platform for securities. The development of this proprietary software system marked a significant milestone in Goldman Sachs' technological history. SecDb continues to be a strategic, critical platform for the Firm that we will continue to invest in for the foreseeable future.
SecDb Architecture is responsible for the business-critical pricing and risk calculation platform, SecDb, which is used by all revenue-generating and federation divisions. The platform has its own language (Slang), IDE (Secview), database (SecDb), and core libraries, which together create a highly productive development environment which has kept the firm at the top of the industry for the past 30 years.
This role will function as a hybrid Software Engineer / Strat. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models, and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behavior. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift to electronic trading. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop the core platform and algorithms used by these teams. As a developer/strat on the team, you will partner with developers and strats to evolve the language and its ecosystem to meet business needs . We are looking to grow our team with a motivated technologist who is:
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- A self-learner, curious, inquisitive, always striving to improve one's skill and knowledge.
- Excited by the idea of continuously improving 20-year-old code on one of Goldman's most critical platforms
- Understands the importance of using common standards and protocols for integration with existing internal or external systems.
- Capable to collaborate and compromise with others to achieve a common goal.
- Focused on user experience and customer satisfaction.
- Unwilling to compromise on code quality, test coverage, or controls.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Work directly on a strategically important system at GS, used by both revenue generating and federation divisions.
- Develop and maintain large scale risk infrastructures/systems using strong programming experience in at least one compiled or scripting language (e.g., C, C++, Java, Python, Scala)
- Interact with platform users in strategies and business-aligned technology teams spread around the globe.
- Interact directly with the business and other tech teams to build innovative solutions to support the GS business.
- Achieve considerable growth potential for highly motivated developers.
- Play a critical part in design and implementation in a team-oriented environment.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of financial derivatives pricing and trade modelling
- A Bachelor/ Master / PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related field .
- Solid understanding and algorithms and data structures
- Extensive background in object-oriented computer programming: C++ (3+ years), Python (1+ year), Java, or equivalent language, preferably in large scale financial or technical computation
- Expertise in an aspect of quantitative analysis, e.g., mathematics, physics, statistics, stochastic calculus, scientific computing, econometrics, and financial modeling.
- Strong software development and design experience, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Experience in working with large software systems, distributed computing, and databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Ability to work cross-functionally as well as the ability to work as a hands-on individual contributor
- Motivation to learn about trading workflow and financial markets
- Slang experience is not required but highly advantageous
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity