Overview Who we are:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries.
As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.
BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news. What we do:
Middle Office Reconciliations is a large department that sits within EMEA & US Fund Accounting. Several teams are located Globally in India, UK and the US.
The department is responsible for providing cash & asset reconciliation services in respect of the client's collective investment portfolios. We also provide special reconciliation reports and market value reconciliation reports in line with client needs.
The department consists of approximately 150 staff split across global locations and several sub teams administering multiple client relationships offering a range of roles from Interim/Senior/Lead Representatives through to Manager and Lead Managers. The successful candidate:
Essential Functions - Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for timely and accurate reconciliation of the cash, asset positions for client's collective investment portfolios. As well as production of custom reconciliations specific to client needs.
- The role offers a variety of duties and responsibilities including exposure to and reconciliation of complex market instruments and their associated trading, corporate action, dividend, interest, expense, derivative payment activities amongst others.
- Investigating, matching and casing exceptions, generated via an online application, through the use of internal and external systems and reports with liaison with internal parties.
- Dealing with larger or more complex reconciliation & instrument types, provide coverage & support to line management and training to new starters. Completing work in line with department procedures, agreed deliverables and industry regulations.
- Work closely with teams in India and the US to ensure timely resolution of queries and to ensure daily deliverables are consistently met.
What we are looking for:
- Produce cash, asset reconciliations for collective investment vehicles ensuring timely and accurate delivery to agreed timetables and SLA standards and ensuring compliance with appropriate reconciliation standards.
- Core work includes reconciling accounting and custody positional & transactional movements using internal systems, collation of supporting documentation.
- Produce custom reconciliation reports in line with internal procedures and client expectations prior to daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
- Investigating, matching, and casing exceptions, generated via an online application, via internal and external systems and reports.
- Review and understand both internal and external transaction reports to aid in reconciliation and exception management of client accounts.
- Be aware of the risks of team operations and deliverables and ensure required controls maintained and procedures complied with.
- Timely escalation of issues to Senior Representatives.
- Provide training and guidance (where appropriate) to less experienced co-workers.
- Other project work and ad-hoc tasks as required.
Our offer for you:
- Attention to Detail.
- Adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Quick to develop new skills and a pro-active approach to learning and training.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Ability to quickly address issues - strong decision making
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel.
- Excellent technical and numerical skills, with accurate data manipulation, analysis & checking of work.
- Ability to work in office & at home in hybrid working arrangement.
- Experience in financial services is preferred.
- Annual Holiday - 25 Days, plus the ability to purchase a further 5 days.
- Highly competitive benefits package including outstanding pension and private medical cover.
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth, professional development, and global mobility.
- City centre location.
- Competitive salary.
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERG's)
- Outstanding Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs.
- Childcare support.
- Health screening
- Recognition and service awards
- Employee referral program.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.