The Role Responsibilities
Cloud Financial Management:
- Seeking a FinOps Lead who will aim to establish and improve processes and tooling together with our technical engineering team, external partners and the business. You will collaborate with Internal & External parties including Engineering, Finance & Application teams. You will be responsible for establishing processes for budget planning and management, cost reporting, cost accountability and ownership, cost optimisation framework.
- Collaborates well with Internal and External Engineering, Applications, & Finance teams.
- Established concepts on cost and usage ownership across Cloud, Azure & physical hardware provide in-house or via a managed service offering.
- Experienced with budget management process, cloud cost analytics and cloud cost optimisation.
- Knowledge in process engineering to establish new processes and improve existing processes which are measurable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Accountable and responsible: Self-starter, self-motivated, well-adapted, and self-sufficient.
- Pro-active in approach, focus on innovation and ability to learn new technologies.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, influence long-term FinOps strategic direction and act as a trusted advisor driving engagement at the senior manager level with technology decision makers.
- Responsible for assessing proposed solution from FinOps perspective with a broad set of stakeholders, whilst validating the solution with Global platform team to ensure full compliance on technology and security within financial budget.
- Understand consumption-based chargeback mechanisms.
- Assist technical team to capture benefits: Savings Plan, Enterprise Discounts, RI's.
- Establishing financial governance to facilitate transparent, accurate and timely recharging of services.
- CIO engagement to support infrastructure initiatives and cost impacts such as Cloud migration, rightsizing, re-tiering storage support.
- Ensuring accurate forecasting and budgeting of Cloud engineering, engagement teams, Cross border financial engagement models and charging of products.
- Engagement with 3rd party vendors.
People and Talent
- You coordinate with and support the technical management teams and other teams across the organisation, acting as an advisor, contributor and champion of best practices in the realms of financial sense and optimisation goals.
- Manages the successful delivery of the Cloud FinOps organisation.
- Monitoring and controlling the overall Cloud FinOps Plan in line business expectations.
- Adapting to emerging risks and issues to maximize outcomes.
- Coach, build and lead a team of FinOps specialists within the organisation.
- Achieve the desired business outcomes.
- Use influence and indirect leadership to bring teams together to deliver, remove any impediments, and drive a collaborative culture.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Analyze, report, and produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics of resources across the multi cloud landscape.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Personal and Interpersonal skills
- TTO MT
- ET MT
- T&I Finance
- Business stakeholders
Our Ideal Candidate
- Attention to detail is essential given the executive level target audience.
- The ability to simultaneously work on multiple project and deadlines.
- Applies standards consistently across all solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to develop, communicate and educate on standard operating procedures within their given function.
- Highly productive, delivers quality results with great attention to detail.
- Displays professionalism with excellent interpersonal skills which lend themselves to team-oriented approach and able to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Can adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated/directed with an ability to take direction from multiple areas.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in business, Finance, IT or analytics; Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of overall professional experience; Financial Analyst and/or Business Analyst background preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in Cloud FinOps/Cloud spend optimization.
- Experience in sourcing of public cloud services including cloud sourcing strategy planning, strategic supplier selection, contracting and commercial negotiations.
- Knowledge of cloud cost products (e.g., Cost Explorer, Azure Portal).
- Strong understanding of public cloud players (e.g., AWS, Azure), their product portfolio and commercial models.
- Prior experience building custom reports with PowerBI, Apptio, etc preferred.
- General understanding of broad IT strategy and sourcing space and working market knowledge (e.g., key vendors, services and technology trends).
- Ability to engage and interact independently with client personnel including architecture and procurement specialists.
- FinOps certification preferred.
About Standard Chartered
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
- Manage Stakeholders
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers