The Business Analyst's role will be responsible for working with both Business and IT to elicit requirements/user stories and to recommend solutions that will help deliver system enhancements and improved business performance, whilst ensuring regulatory compliance.Key Responsibilities
Competencies & Experience
- Requirements engineering: elicit, analyse and validate stakeholder requirements, business requirements and solution requirements (functional and non-functional). To document the requirements in the form of user stories supported with acceptance criteria and to have the ability to elicit requirements ensuring both vertical and horizontal traceability.
- Business case creation, feasibility study and solution evaluation: analysing and assessing risks and impacts of solution options, performing cost-benefit analysis and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to achieve an investment decision.
- Strategy analysis: exploring and analysing current situations, internal and external strategic drivers, implementation strategies and identifying risks and impacts of a desired implementation approach.
- Process Design: ability to document both the AS-IS and TO-BE situations for relevant business domains
- Planning and monitoring deliverables: monitor and manage their own BA and wider project deliverables. Escalate and manage risks and issues as they arise.
- Change Delivery: Helping identify impacts to the Business, Processes, IT Systems and Organisational structure.
- Business readiness - Planning and co-ordinating communications and training to support the Project implementation.
- Collaborative working: Active participants and contributors within the Bank's BA practice.
Compliance with the 5 Conduct Rules
- Effective Stakeholder Management
- Able to effectively communicate to varying levels of Stakeholders
- Analytical approach to work; varying ways to problem solve (e.g. data analysis, MI), root-cause analysis etc.
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Practical experience and an understanding of both Agile and Waterfall ways of working
- Experience in modelling business processes, preferably BPMN or other industry modelling standards
- Experience using a variety of BA software tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MS Visio etc.
- Experience working within the Financial Services sector is also desirable
- Act with integrity;
- Act with due skill, care and diligence;
- Be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators;
- Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly;
- Observe proper standards of market conduct.
- Is business-oriented and focuses on the customer;
- Takes a long-term approach;
- Has the courage to make decisions;
- Is innovative and proactive;
- Takes responsibility for his/her own development;
- Has high ethical and moral standards;
- Likes good administrative order;
- Collaborates with others to achieve joint goals;
- Contributes to the development of operations and colleagues.
- Actively Builds Relationships;
- Acts According to Handelsbanken's Culture
- Creates business value;
- Embraces change and technology;
- Role Specific Regulations.