Who we're looking for
The primary objective of ESG integration is to improve the way investment analysts and fund managers consider, analyse and use ESG information to support their investment decision-making from the initial idea generation through to company analysis, as well as portfolio construction and stewardship. The ESG Integration Analyst works with investors across our business to drive broad and deep ESG integration.
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic candidate for this role. The candidate will be responsible for driving ESG integration across investment desks in close collaboration with fund managers and analysts.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Sustainable Investment team identifies structural social and environmental trends, examines their effects on industries and businesses and works with colleagues across investment desks, assets classes and regions to integrate that analysis into our investment processes and ownership. We conduct rigorous evaluation of poorly understood trends and seek as far as possible to quantify their impacts. We engage companies on those issues and use our voting rights to push for change. Finally, we explain our views, conclusions and actions to our clients.
What you'll do
• Work with investment teams across multiple asset classes to support deeper understanding of ESG and encourage use of the sustainable investment team's proprietary models, thematic sustainability research and engagement toolkits.
• Support roll out of recently updated ESG Integration accreditation framework, with a particular focus on the incorporation of climate considerations into investment decisions.
• Act as a bridge between the Sustainable Investment team and investment desks and ensure clear two-way communication channels.
• Help deliver refresh of firmwide ESG training curriculum.
• Support ESG Integration Manager in delivering stand alone tasks associated with specific desks and compliance procedures, such as mapping ESG accredited AUM and auditing on-desk ESG analysis.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience or strong understanding of investment processes and decision making criteria, preferably through several years of experience in the asset management industry.
• Strong understanding of key ESG issues and how they are relevant for investors across different asset classes.
• Highly organised, with experience of effectively managing multiple work streams spanning multiple stakeholders including dealing with senior stakeholders.
• Ability to bring together a wide range of ideas, conversations within the firm and act effectively as a 'connecting agent'.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excel / PowerPoint proficiency.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.