VP, BRCM, Group Retail
Posting Date: 18-Nov-2022
Location: Singapore (City Area), Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments and assisting to assess impact on the business, including providing advice, interpretation, and recommendation. Work with Group Compliance on compliance matters and initiatives.
- Providing operational advisories to the business unit; assist business units in operationalizing Compliance Policies & Guidelines / Regulatory Requirements.
- Assisting to develop sales assurance controls and coordinating implementation by the respective business/support functions.
- Performing periodic assessment & assurance reviews on key activities undertaken by the Business to ensure compliance/adherence with internal controls and regulatory requirements. Report findings, recommending corrective actions and preparing trend analysis as needed for management review.
- Validating new regulatory controls before the effective date of the new/revised requirements
- Conducting compliance training to the sales platform on FAA related sales
- Co-ordinating external and internal audits (Regulator/External & Internal Auditors/ Group Compliance) of Retail Business as based on thematic coverage.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects related to business / regulatory controls
- Recognized degree in Business, Finance, Accountancy or Law
- At least 3 to 5 years of related working experience in a Retail Bank environment, preferably in the areas of business compliance and regulatory audit
- Prior experience in operational risk management within business units or internal / external audit is welcome
- Good understanding of the regulations applicable to Retail Banking would be an advantage (e.g. Banking Act, Financial Adviser Act, Securities and Futures Act)
- Candidates who have a strong regulatory background, compliance audit background or are currently in a business support role in the Retail Loan or Personal Wealth Management areas (e.g. secured or unsecured loan/ insurance/ investment sales) would also be considered
- Good presentation and data analytics skills
- Creative, resourceful, meticulous, analytical, and able to work independently with good excel and report writing skills
- Self-driven and a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills